LCVG

The Book of Boba Fett - On Disney +

JoeyN

• 2 months later...

Well this was the first consequential episode in what has otherwise been a complete mess and slog of a series, frankly. I’m not terribly sold on his motivation for wanting to be crime lord but it only took four episodes to finally arrive at it so at least that’s something? 

This encapsulates my feelings well on how this has played out otherwise.

Also based on the music stinger at the end, it seems like

Mandalorian is coming next week or so?

8 hours ago, kelley said:

I’ve enjoyed the flashbacks, more than the current day stuff. 

I've stopped watching, but the Lawrence of Arabia with Tusken Raiders angle was quite interesting (they even directly copied the composition of shots from Lawrence here and there). The dreams go on for so long though that I quickly forgot any plot that surrounds those sequences so I wonder whether they'd have been better off telling the story sequentially.

Why have they NEVER been able to replicate Hutt voices to sound as organic as Jabba in ROTJ? Every attempt since the 97 Special Edition of the first film has had this very digitally processed tone to it. 

I do also like the fact Matt Berry voices that palace droid, which I guess kind of means that Steven Toast did get that role in Star Wars after all.

Couple of questions for those watching:

Spoiler

When Boba says "I'm going to kill that bloated pig who double crossed me", is he referring to Bib? Any idea how he was double crossed? 

I guess Boba forgot the Jawa's raided him for his armor? Given his physical/mental state at the time I assume it's easy to forget.

5 hours ago, NickC said:

Couple of questions for those watching:

Hide contents

When Boba says "I'm going to kill that bloated pig who double crossed me", is he referring to Bib? Any idea how he was double crossed? 

I guess Boba forgot the Jawa's raided him for his armor? Given his physical/mental state at the time I assume it's easy to forget.

Apparently

it ties into the Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters #1 comic where Bib Fortuna double-crossed Fett before Return of the Jedi. Specifically he engineered it so that he could get Solo in carbonite from an alternate set of bounty hunters after Fett lost him due to the carbonite starting to fail. This leads to Fett having a bounty on his head from Jabba for taking too long to deliver Solo. Another thing that Fortuna engineered. Nevermind that Fett is still chummy with Jabba in ROTJ  and that whole scenario makes no sense but hey…. the comic is considered to be canon and is apparently the source of both Boba’s hatred for Bib and the reason why he specifically comes after Bib’s throne on Tatooine.

Another reason Star Wars continues to irk the shit out of me - let’s go ahead and put the core motivation for your character and important connective plot points in alternate forms of media without bothering to present those points in your big TV show. 

Yeah Right Yes GIF by Bounce

16 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I do also like the fact Matt Berry voices that palace droid, which I guess kind of means that Steven Toast did get that role in Star Wars after all.

That's in my head every time he over-enunciates that he's in the new Stah Worhz in the new Toast. Love how everyone is dismissive, too. 

Yeah that was an awesome episode …….of the Mandalorian. 
It speaks volumes that the best episode of “The Book of Boba Fett” doesn’t even feature its main character.

Still, I commend the cinematography in the episode. It was a /HUGE/ upgrade over the last four episodes! It’s one of the few that genuinely felt “film-like” and Tatooine hasn’t looked as good since Jedi if you ask me. The quicker they dump Robert Rodriguez from directing these episodes, the better. Every episode he hasn’t directed has been an upgrade in both the look and general pacing of the show.

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

I know Filoni is directing the next episode. Which means Favreau must be after that as he directed an episode also.

It’s 7 episodes total. Rodriguez directed three and Filoni one.  Favreau wrote them all, and there may have been the expectation that he would direct an episode but that likely changed as Rodriguez has been credited as directing “an additional episode” (for the total of 3).

https://www.tvinsider.com/1024985/the-book-of-boba-fett-temuera-morrison-ming-na-wen-preview/

That murky history leaves a fairly blank slate for the character, which excited executive producer Robert Rodriguez, who directs three of the seven episodes in Book’s first season.