LCVG

Migrating data to a new PC

Guest Bryan

Please recommend a software package for moving settings / files from an old PC to a new one. I believe there is a package called Intellimover by Detto, but have not heard good things about it.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Bryan@Jan 12 2004, 02:36 PM

Please recommend a software package for moving settings / files from an old PC to a new one.

Can you go into a little more detail about what you mean here, Bryan? Are you talking about just moving data or are you talking about entire applications?

old computer to new computer - I will be migrating five or six people to new machines and wanted something to port over folders, network settings, passwords, etc... I do not want to sit there and export / import favorites, e-mails and other files for each user.

I'm not really sure if this would be overkill, but Norton's 'Ghost' is a great application. It basically makes a fully bootable clone of your HDD. I've used it with XP Pro and have had great success. I gues the downside would be having to move both HDDs (one new/one old) into the same box for the program to work

Gary