LCVG

MLB The Show '22 - Releasing for PS4/5, Xbox Family, Nintendo Switch - Game Pass Day One as well.

1 hour ago, Angry the Clown said:

MLB The Show 22 will hit Game Pass on Day 1.

Crazy. I never even expected 21 to stay on Game Pass as long as it has, let alone expect it to last as long until its successor was released and for that successor to then be made available on the service.

At this point, it's not really that crazy, though? It's not up to Sony, its up to the license holder which is the MLB and MLBPA as they are the ones likely raking in that Game Pass money.  San Diego will continue to develop long term as the relationship bears fruit for the MLB and for Sony. Despite the game being on Game Pass, it is the fourth best selling game of 2021 and one of the top selling games on the Playstation platform. It's a win/win for the MLB.

• Romier S changed the title to MLB The Show '22 - Releasing for PS4/5, Xbox Family, Nintendo Switch - Game Pass Day One as well.
34 minutes ago, Romier S said:

At this point, It's not really not that crazy, though? It's not up to Sony, its up to the license holder which is the MLB and MLBPA as they are the ones likely raking in that Game Pass money.  San Diego will continue to develop long term as the relationship bears fruit for the MLB and for Sony. Despite the game being on Game Pass, it is the fourth best selling game of 2021 and one of the top selling games on the Playstation platform. It's a win/win for the MLB.

Perhaps crazy is too strong a word, but it still feels...weird, you know? It took me the best part of a decade to get used to seeing SEGA games on Nintendo platforms (especially those games where Mario and Sonic appear together). Two years running for a game so strongly associated with PlayStation making its "free" debut on Microsoft's service is still quite a thing I think. And certainly, Switch > PS Studios logo is weird, but it's a good weird. It's all good. 

18 hours ago, Romier S said:

I have to say, I really rather like the newer Series specific packaging on Xbox titles these days. A major improvement over the carried over launch games that looked no different than the previous generation.

FKcmRzvXMAkGErg?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The Xbox One packaging looks to be exactly the same, except for it saying Xbox One. I like this better, but it’s still practically the same packaging for two different versions of the game. 

8 minutes ago, Graeme said:

The Xbox One packaging looks to be exactly the same, except for it saying Xbox One. I like this better, but it’s still practically the same packaging for two different versions of the game. 

Old packaging:

0d1bdb47-3640-4dfe-ab8c-37a003e5e090.171

New:

6414163_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55 

It's certainly subtle, but I think the new packaging is cleaner and changes like the splash of white, removal of the Xbox logo at the top, etc. helps to differentiate it from the standard last gen/cross-gen/Series launch packaging which were all identical. Even them using the new packaging on Xbox One games is fine. It still denotes a changeover to a the new generation which I think has been lacking for the brand since launch.

The Series X is a powerful piece of hardware and I know *why* Microsoft chose to keep the same UI for example as it certainly maintains continuity for brand users who upgrade, but it certainly "felt" less exciting powering the system on on launch day because of the familiarity. It's a stupid nitpick, obviously but its how my brain works sometimes.:)