LCVG

Survivor All-Stars (spoilers ahoy)

Calvin

18 former castaways,with at least one from the previous 7 shows playing.

Click here to see who is in!

There will be three teams of six players. Also,four sole survivor millionaires are playing:

• Richard Hatch - Pulau Tiga (the 1st one, & he's from Rhode Island :))
  • Tina Wesson - Australia
  • Ethan Zohn - Africa
  • Jenna Morasca - Amazon

It looks to be a good mix of people. Personally, three of my favorite players are back:

• Rudy Boesch - Pulau Tiga the former Navy Seal)
  • Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien - Marquesas
  • Rupert Boneham - Pearl Islands (the most recent one)

I have no idea how they are going to make this season work,but I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyone else?

[EDIT]Thread title

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to this show almost as much as the superbowl. I've watched all the Survivors except the first one, so I'm looking forward to learning more about the contestants from Survivor I.

You mentioned Kathy as one of your favorites. I believe she was the one who peed on the hand of the guy when he got stung by a stingray, but what about her makes her a good choice for the all-stars, let alone one of your favorites? I can't remember anything that stood out about her personality or behavior.

Carlos.

She was the who did the peeing. She also,as I recall, did a lot of the hard work for her tribe, fetching food,water & the things the "lazy" people didn't do. Plus,she wasn't a total backstabber. I felt she deserved to win her Survivor - not the person who actually won it.

I also found out (through a local radio station) that it will be on Pearl Islands,site of the last game. I wonder just how much time Rupert had to recuperate before this season?

I'll be watching.

I assumed they'd get the winner of each season back, but perhaps some of their schedules wouldn't permit it (or they just didn't want to). I'm thinking specifically of Brian (the used car salesman from Survivor Thailand). Shii-Ann looks to be the only one returning from that season. She wasn't really all that interesting in my mind, I'd rather have seen Brian return.

I'd have thought Jon (with the fake dead Grandmother) would have been a shoe-in for the All-Stars. He even eluded to it during the reunion special.

I haven't watched Survivor since the 2nd season, but I would watch this. All the pros playing the game tot he hilt. I would be ROFLMAO if Richard Hatch won again. He was such a jerk in that first Survivor, but what a great player of the game.

PS - Somehow My Fat Obnoxious Fiance looks like one to watch this season as well.

I'm actually interested in this one as well.

I hadn't watched any of them since the 2nd one... until the last few eps of this one, which I really enjoyed. That Johnny guy just killed me. He played the game the same way Hatch did... just meaner....

This could be pretty damn fun to watch.

Glen

I love the 3 teams idea. Should make for an interesting dynamic.

I'm very happy that Rupert is back, he's easily one of my favorite Survivor contestants.

I'm also happy to see Rob C (funny), Tom, Shii Ann, Rudy. I'm on the fence about Richard Hatch, I actually liked him during the first show, but he's kind of worn thin after seeing him around in subsequent years. I often think that his strategy worked because it was the first Survivor (in the US) and that nobody had seen how the game usually plays out.

I guess we'll see now, although I expect all the former winners will be targets from the start.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting first show. It's going to be fun. I felt kind of bad for Tina, but she has won already...

I hope Rupert can hang in there for a while, I think this is going to be very tough on him because he wasn't home for long before going back.

And WTF is Richard Hatch thinking? Maybe he's way smarter than I am, but I think his strategy is going to backfire. He doesn't seem to have changed his strategy a bit even though everyone watched him in the first show...

Yeah, the previous winners are all going to be elimination bait, but maybe one smart contestant will align with a previous winner and try to take him/her to the final. After all, you heard Jenna L. say there would be no way she would vote for a previous winner.

Shaping up pretty good. I can't believe Susan would drink the unboiled water knowing that there could be some BRAIN PARASITE in there.

They need to make with the fire quick or bodies are going to start breaking down.

Carlos.

They need to make with the fire quick or bodies are going to start breaking down.

Seriously, and it looks like it will get worse as in the preview for next week, someone makes the comment that their tongues are turning white, which means their mouths are completely dry...very very bad.

Ed, I don't mean read about how fire is made from raw materials and absorb the information intellectually. I mean sit down every goddamn day and make a fucking fire from two sticks! I'd be eating bugs all the time too, just to get so's I liked 'em (there's a club in DC called the "Insect Bar" which used to serve bugs on the menu). It always annoyed me to see them brushing ants and such off their food. That's protein to 70% of the world, you wimps.

One of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor a couple of seasons ago was it seemed like they couldn't come up with any new challenges beyond making the eating challenge grosser. That's why I never got into Fear Factor. I am not afraid of eating rotting fish, I choose not to because I'm not an idiot.

Richard is certainly right, everyone is too skinny. Tina wouldn't have lasted very long at all. I think her boobs were always fake, they certainly never shrunk during her time in Australia.

Originally posted by adamsappel@Feb 2 2004, 06:31 PM

One of the reasons I stopped watching Survivor a couple of seasons ago was it seemed like they couldn't come up with any new challenges beyond making the eating challenge grosser.

Really? I thought they had some good twists even with the 'bug eating' challenge. Like the one year that they made the relatives do the eating in order to win the reward of a 24-hour visit. Or last year (I think) when they setup a wheel of misfortune where you spun the wheel to pick ingredients for your blender shake. The latter was certainly gross, but a fun twist, IMO.

Richard is certainly right, everyone is too skinny. Tina wouldn't have lasted very long at all. I think her boobs were always fake, they certainly never shrunk during her time in Australia.

Gotta agree with that. I wouldn't be surprised if he intentionally gained weight just for the show, which is smart.

I found many of the challenges still falling into the "who can stand the longest," "slide the giant puzzle pieces into place," same old thing. My father watches religiously and has told me I've missed some of the best ones. Oh, well. As far as the relatives eating gross stuff, I absolutely would have told my spouse not to even try. Hell, at that point they were going to see them in 10 days *at most* anyway, and that's if they won. I wouldn't want my wife to have the lifelong memory of what a burnt Tarantula tastes/feels like just so she could hug my unshowered, untoothbrushed ass. When I saw the blender, that's was it for me.

Edit: And yes, I do clean my ass with a toothbrush. Doesn't everyone? :P