LCVG

The Quarry - Supermassive Games (PS4/5, Xbox Family, PC)

Romier S

• Romier S changed the title to The Quarry - Supermassive Games (PS4/5, Xbox Family, PC)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished this one a bit ago. Supermassive have this genre of game down pat. This particular title isn’t as strong as Until Dawn despite having stronger characters and generally better writing. However the ending lets the game down a bit as it just sort of ends really. I really wanted a much better epilogue. I would also say that Until Dawn had a much better balance of interactivity versus the player just watching the events happen. There are significant portions of this game where you are pretty much just watching a movie and making very minute dialogue choices. That is likely to divide folks a bit more who came in expecting a closer experience to Until Dawn. Still, I find the subject matter in this game to be super enticing as there just isn’t enough representation from the

werewolf

genre out there.

I would rank this third behind Until Dawn and House of Ashes from the Dark Pictures Anthology. It’s still damned fun and I’m looking forward to the multiplayer mode coming in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...