LCVG

Remedy Entertainment will remake Max Payne and Max Payne 2 for Rockstar Games….

Romier S

Under the development agreement signed today, Remedy will develop the games as a single title for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S using its proprietary Northlight game engine. The game’s development budget will be financed by Rockstar Games, the size of which will be in line with a typical Remedy AAA-game production. Under the agreement, Remedy has a royalty opportunity after Rockstar Games has recouped its development, marketing, and other costs for distributing and publishing the game. 

I don’t know if I ever played the second one. I had the first on PC though and it really did feel like an important game in its day as far as its technical achievements were concerned (whether that’s why it is remembered so fondly I don’t know. I remember enjoying the trashy pulp noir novel presentation of the story at the time, but it’s largely a forgotten memory to me now so it might be fun to revisit).

16 hours ago, JFo said:

Cool news. I’ve never played these games. 

Both games were releases on the OG Xbox and run in backwards compatibility mode. They are rather excellent on the Series X. 

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/max-payne/9ntgh3zz3px3

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/max-payne-2-the-fall-of-max-payne/9p8mq0x518gc

...and for all that is holy, do not skip Max Payne 3. It was developed by Rockstar and not Remedy but its every bit as good as the original two games. Though the tone is certainly a change of pace. Max Payne 3 was added to the BC program in the last round via the 360 version though its not enhanced.