LCVG

Evercade announces the EXP (new Handheld)

Don't sleep on these Evercade products. I own the Evercade Vs and its a boss little retro machine. The carts are cheap and fun to collect and it has some nice video output options. The announcement of the Irem Arcade collection is also exciting!

There will be a black limited edition with a second collection:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/evercade-is-getting-an-exp-upgrade-complete-with-irem-and-toaplan-collections

In addition to this base package, an Evercade EXP Limited Edition bundle will be available via Blaze's retail partner, Funstock. It will be a completely black console, and will include an exclusive hard carry case, art cards, poster, certificate of authenticity, keyring and "other fun extras" – but most exciting of all is the inclusion of a second collection packed with classic arcade titles from Japanese company Toaplan –

including Flying Shark, Alcon (Slap Shot), Tiger-Heli, Truxton, Zero Wing, Guardian, Snow Bros and Teki-Paki. This edition is limited to 5000 units. Pre-orders for this bundle open at 17:00 BST on June 1st, and it will cost £179.99.

evercade-exp-limited-edition-complete.90

3 minutes ago, iainl said:

I don’t need a retro console. I don’t. But Argos still have stock for £16.99, and that’s tempting. 

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8114974

Of Codemasters? That link goes to the Oliver Twins collection (which I'd also want in fairness for all that Dizzy goodness).

Even at £120 though, I can't really convince myself to throw it at the console itself though I don't think.

Oh, I thought they were the same, since all the Oliver games were on Codies’ label anyway; Aged Nerd that I am, BMX Simulator was the first game on the label, and still the one I associate with it, no matter how many Colin McRae games I buy.