LCVG

Resident Evil 4 Remake Announced - Releases 3/24/2023 (PS5, Series X/S, PC) (PSVR2 Content Confirmed)

JFo

This was one hell of a way to kick off today’s Sony State of Play:

The original is one of my favorite games of all time, so I’m both excited and a trepidatious about this one. The original was just so perfect in terms of design, I can’t think of much I would want to change about it in a remake other than perhaps the visuals.

• Romier S changed the title to RE4 Remake Announced - Releases 3/24/2023 (PS5, Series X/S, PC) (PSVR2 Content Confirmed)
12 minutes ago, King of All Cosmos said:

I can't imagine a less necessary remake. Code: Veronica is more deserving.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think this is worthwhile nevertheless. I do fear they may go back and put the original game through the RE Engine before ever (if ever?) revisiting Code Veronica, however. If they're going to bring 2, Nemesis and 4 to a consistent visual standard then it does seem likely the original will get another remake of its own at some point (perhaps in 2026 for its 30th Anniversary).

• JFo changed the title to Resident Evil 4 Remake Announced - Releases 3/24/2023 (PS5, Series X/S, PC) (PSVR2 Content Confirmed)
  • 4 months later...

Michael Huber of Easy Allies and life-long Resident Evil enthusiast shares his thoughts after playing the demo of the remake of Resident Evil 4:

You know the impressions are going to be positive when the first thing he does is give Brad a hug. "Just bring it in!" 😂

From what I've seen, this looks pretty good so far. Yesterday's presentation has removed some skepticism I had about the project. It will be interesting to see what reviewers think after playing further into the game.