LCVG

Vampire Survivor - PC Early Access

I'm super late to the party, but Vampire Survivors completely has its hooks on me. 

It's a ridiculously simple premise, but mechanically SO well implemented. You move around. Your weapons/magic automatically fire on time delays. Enemies come at you. You kill them. You get XP. You buy upgrades + new magic. And it all just works. Seriously has that drive for one more game, earning more permanent upgrades, etc. As you play, you'll unlock new levels, new characters, and there's a bunch of unlock achievements that open up new weapons + gear to boost your runs... 

It all just works so well. 

You can play free trial version here on itch.io - https://poncle.itch.io/vampire-survivors

It's $3 on Steam. It's free on PC Game Pass. 

Play this. 

9 hours ago, Romier S said:

That looks like a blast. Hopefully it hits consoles in the near future, too.

I just had an incredibly 28 minute run where I felt like a god for a lot of it. Then the game said "no" 🤪And I just unlocked "Hyper mode" for a level... WOAH.. 

23 hours ago, dogbert said:

I just had an incredibly 28 minute run where I felt like a god for a lot of it. Then the game said "no" 🤪And I just unlocked "Hyper mode" for a level... WOAH.. 

image.thumb.png.82e51b4adf93efd286a96bc1568b77f1.png

So close, and one dumb move gets me killed.

10 hours ago, Orpheus said:

So close, and one dumb move gets me killed.

Oh I hear ya. I had a great run just now - garlic + laurel (shields) was an amazing combination, with some good ranged weapons going on too. And then RIGHt before 30 minutes, it's all big giant robots and some sort of laser weapon that near insta killed me after I'd gone 10+ minutes without taking damage. This game!! 

I got the Milky Way Map though!!

fxKb7jJ.png

On 6/12/2022 at 2:26 AM, iainl said:

Nice. I can never decide if The Pigeon Of Death is actually useful, since it’s so hard to aim. 

It's not my first choice, but i like that it hits just outside of the range of the garlic and bible.

The pentagram is the only one I haven't managed to fully evolve at this point. Hard to level when you nuke all the gems.

This was a CRAZY fun run. No vampire, but a crazy amount of gold. Went minutes without getting any damage until it all went crazy at 28 minutes. Santa Water + Holy Bible + Lightning Ring were FUN, great crowd control. 

DYCXI8f.png