LCVG

The Last of Us Part 1 Announced (PS5 Only, PC Later) - Releases September 2nd, 2022

Firefly Edition:

ps5-tlou-part-1-firefly-edition-game-box 

Get The Last of Us Part I Firefly Edition, only available to buy as an exclusive directly from PlayStation®.

Experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters of Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards and now rebuilt for PlayStation®5.

Enjoy a total overhaul of the original experience, faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options. Plus, feel immersed with improved effects and enhanced exploration and combat.

The Last of Us™ Part I Firefly Edition includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story (PS5™) and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind; limited edition SteelBook® display case; The Last of Us: American Dreams #1 - #4 comics reprint with new cover art; and early in-game unlocks*.

• Romier S changed the title to The Last of Us Part 1 Announced (PS5 Only, PC Later) - Releases September 2nd, 2022

A reminder that the original game used pre-rendered videos for its cutscenes. Even the PS4 remaster had to re-render those at 1080p/60. Those scenes appear to be real time now and I wouldn't expect different considering they were for Part II....

OG:

FU0wrsuXEAEls0m?format=jpg&name=medium

New:

FU0wrYgX0AIt2QV?format=jpg&name=large 

OG:

FU0wr8BXEAE_Nke?format=jpg&name=medium

New:

FU0wr0vWYAEtplQ?format=jpg&name=large

I have to admit, I was a bit confused when I first saw the title for this thread. I thought, "Oh man, are they going to split the remake of The Last of Us up into two separate games, and we'll have to buy the second part to get the whole story?"

Then I remembered that "Part II" was the sequel. 🙃

Anyway, this looks really good. I like that the changes appear to be only cosmetic in nature — they aren't changing the story or gameplay. Also, it's nice to know that Left Behind is also part of the package.

6 minutes ago, JFo said:

I have to admit, I was a bit confused when I first saw the title for this thread. I thought, "Oh man, are they going to split the remake of The Last of Us up into two separate games, and we'll have to buy the second part to get the whole story?"

Then I remembered that "Part II" was the sequel. 🙃

Anyway, this looks really good. I like that the changes appear to be only cosmetic in nature — they aren't changing the story or gameplay. Also, it's nice to know that Left Behind is also part of the package.

They're absolutely making changes to the gameplay:

faithfully reproduced but incorporating modernized gameplay, improved controls and expanded accessibility options.

I would very much expect them to incorporate some of the innovations they brought into Part II right into this game. I don't expect a complete overhaul but expanding the stealth options, improving the gunplay and especially improving the AI is top of mind.

2 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

No sign of Factions. I wonder how and when they'll eventually release that. 

My money is on it being one of those "Live Service" games Sony wants to bring to bear and that it will release F2P.

18 minutes ago, Romier S said:

They're absolutely making changes to the gameplay:

In that case, THIS GAME CAN BURN IN HELL!!!🔥🔥🔥

Just kidding. As long as the changes are minimal — and perhaps incorporate elements brought in from Part II — I think I will be okay with it.

Also,

I will be okay if they change the doctor Joel kills at the end to be more consistent with the events of

Part II. I imagine this is definitely going to happen.

8 minutes ago, JFo said:

In that case, THIS GAME CAN BURN IN HELL!!!🔥🔥🔥

Just kidding. As long as the changes are minimal — and perhaps incorporate elements brought in from Part II — I think I will be okay with it.

Also,

I will be okay if they change the doctor Joel kills at the end to be more consistent with the events of Part II. I imagine this is definitely going to happen.

Spoilered just in case.

Yep.

I'm guessing that's one choice may be taken out of the players hands in this new release for sure.

I know I bitch about pricing a lot, but there’s no way I’m paying full price for this. I understand they put a lot of work into it, but it’s still a remake of a game that has been released twice already. With how quick the remastered version dropped in price, I will hold out for a bit. 

41 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

I need one more trophy in The Last of Us Remastered and I only need to play until I get to the first workbench, so I might wait and do that later this summer so I'll get a feel for the gameplay again before playing the remake. 

I hope they properly flesh out the trophies with this release. I could never platinum the original because of the Faction trophies. Adding some new trophies for this release would be great.

I look forward to a proper back to back playthrough of Parts 1 and II. The visual consistency will be amazing and if they get the gameplay tweaks right for this remake? Man, I’m super excited.