LCVG

Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 [Switch/PlayStation/Xbox/PC] - July 22nd 2022

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium is coming to the Switch eShop (and the usual other platforms) on 7/22 featuring 32 games:

1943 Kai
Black Tiger
Block Block
Capcom Sports Club
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Eco Fighters
Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
Pnickies
Rally 2011 LED Storm
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
SonSon
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
The King of Dragons
The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)
Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Vampire Savior

You can get all 32 games in a single bundle (unlike the 3 bundles in the first Capcom Arcade Stadium) for $39.99 or individually for $3.99 each. All the games have online leaderboards but no online multiplayer (local multiplayer only). Some of these titles were recently featured as part of the Capcom Fighting Collection but the Capcom Fighting Collection has online multiplayer (if that matters to you). The individual games in the first Arcade Stadium are on sale right now for $0.99 each through the launch of the 2nd Arcade Stadium. 

Split your post off into its own thread as I feel it deserves it.

I've only just recently sampled Vol1 when they were handing out Street Fighter II for free recently and I have to say I really like the port and the whole presentation of the collection. I definitely want to grab all the games and buy everything for vol2 as well. 

• Angry the Clown changed the title to Capcom Arcade Stadium 2 [Switch/PlayStation/Xbox/PC] - July 22nd 2022

I was kind of perplexed why this was released as a separate game and not as additional DLC packs for the first Capcom Arcade Stadium but I'm guessing it's because of the different individual game and bundle pricing.

I've been buying the individual games in the first Capcom Arcade Stadium that I was interested in that I didn't already have access to from the Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. I'll probably do the same in the 2nd Arcade Stadium because I don't want enough of them to make buying the bundle worth it, especially if I end up getting the Capcom Fighting Collection.

It's starting to get confusing to me which Capcom games are available in which collection though. I kind of wish Capcom went the Neo Geo route and just released each game individually. Then the individual games would appear on the console's home screen and could be directly loaded without going through all these extra menus.

I think one plus, at least for diehard nerds who notice little differences (not me), is the Capcom Arcade releases are being handled in house. So in comparison to the Street Fighter 30th Collection, which Digital Eclipse were responsible for, what's on offer here may be considered more authentic.

I agree though, that they do confuse things thanks to the crossover with the 2018 Beat em Up Bundle, and one wonders if we'll see an Arcade vol3 next year that repeats some titles included in the recent Fighting Collection. Now also consider that SFVI has a hub that seems to have old arcade cabinets in the background and we may soon have yet another way to access some of the same games again.