LCVG

HBO’s House of the Dragon

Romier S

Just finished watching House of Dragons and it made a few things apparent.

Firstly, fuck David Benioff and Dan Weiss. This new show makes it utterly apparent that they could have exited Game of Thrones and left that show in good hands to prosper until it could have ended properly. Instead we got the rushed garbage that we did out of sheer hubris/ego.

The more personal story of the Targaryen’s works really well to pull you into the story and world again here. I really enjoyed the tournament and getting wrapped back up into the politicking around the Iron Throne. The production value is off the damned hook too.

It’s just ashame that when Viserys is telling his daughter about the coming winter that will end the world of men, that those words hold such little power given the wet fart that we watched in GoT S8.:(

Still, there’s enough potential here and the first episode was of such excellent quality that I’m in for this with great hope that the folks running this show don’t fuck it up miserably.

• Romier S changed the title to HBO’s House of the Dragon

Every episode is better than the last. It’s ashame no one else appears to be watching it here. It’s the very best of what Game of Thrones was in its first 4 seasons.

It’s going to be a sad day when they fast forward and Milly Alcock is shuffled off in favor of an older Rhaenyra. She’s incredibly good.

Yeah, next week is the big time jump. Which I'm both looking forward to and disappointed a bit in that we'll be losing the talents of Milly Alcock and Emily Carey who are both fantastic as Rhaenyra and Alicent.

In my own head canon, Milly played Daenerys in Game of Thrones and the show was all the better for it.:)

What an f’ing episode, man. Master class TV right there. Tension just slowly building until it finally breaks into a thousand pieces. Perhaps my only complaint is the end game felt a tad rushed but I loved where it ended and that Rhaenyra

didn’t actually do Leanor ugly.

wade wilson deadpool GIF

The finale of tonight’s “House of the Dragon” episode was levels of bad assery I haven’t felt in a long, long time. Meleys/Rhaenys weren’t having any of anyones shit. Let the Dance of the Dragons begin!

Incredible music throughout the episode. Just amazing build that helped elevate the tension of the overall episode. Ramin Djawadi just killing it.