LCVG

CDPR announces The Witcher Remake - Built using Unreal Engine 5

Romier S

We are thrilled to announce that The Witcher Remake is being worked on! That's right, the game that started it all is being rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5. 

The game is currently in the early stages of development at the Polish studio Fool’s Theory, where veteran Witcher series staff are involved. We, as CD PROJEKT RED, are providing full creative supervision. 

The Witcher Remake is what you might know by the codename “Canis Majoris”. It’s still early and we want to ensure that the game is created with the utmost care and attention to detail, therefore, while we’re excited to share the news with you, we want to ask you for patience as it will be a while until we start talking about this project in detail.

I jumped in on this series when Witcher 2 was first released. Thought it was great and did a 2nd play through just to see the other side of the story. 

Always wanted to give the original a try but, it got lost in the sands of time and other games I wanted to play. 

I think this will seal the deal. Probably will pick this up. 

Isn’t CDPR redoing The Witcher 3 for this gen consoles? I feel bad that I never finished it on pc, even though I got pretty far in the main story.