• Zelda BOTW 2
    • Diablo 4
    • Final Fantasy XVI
    • Hollow Knight 2
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
    • Suicide Squad: Kil the Justice League
    • Starfield

Not sure if I'd even say I'm excited for Hades 2 at this point.  It's going to launch in early access, so I'd almost rather wait until it's done and play it then, which could be late 23, but probably into 2024.  See what state it launches in I suppose.  Definitely interested in Jedi Survivor though, and cautiously optimistic about Zelda. 

For me, the top three games I’m looking forward to next year are:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 (a.k.a. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom)
  2. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
  3. Spider-Man 2

I might have selected the remake of Resident Evil 4 were it an option, but I’m not entirely sure how I feel about it at this point.

Zelda and Spider-man are likely the only two I will buy on release next year (which would be something of an achievement following 2022 where I haven't purchased a single major game release). I guess Starfield would fall third on my list even though I don't expect it to be a game I see through to completion (not a knock on the game itself, it's just true of me and modern games of its ilk).

I've no real hands on experience with the predecessors for any of the other games listed save for Final Fantasy and Star Wars and, while I am interested in both, I can comfortably sit those out until they are on sale or most likely put up onto PS+ and Game Pass respectively (likewise Suicide Squad). 

Resident Evil 4 Remake would be high on my list as well, though not an option on the poll.

My most wanted in order:

Diablo 4

Spider-Man 2

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Jedi Survivor

Final Fantasy XVI

Starfield

****huge fall off of a cliff****

Everything else. 

Alan Wake 2 doesn't hit in 2023 which is why I'm not ranking it. A game coming in 2023 doesn't debut with a live action trailer and little else. It's a 2024 title, IMO.

No Dead Space Remake or Forspoken on that list either. Both of which, I'll be buying in early 2023.

Ah you pancake gamers, so predictable in your choices.  😉

Anything on PSVR2, especially 

1) RE8

2) RE 4 Remake - hope the VR content is the full game

3) Switchback - sequel to Rush of Blood

4) Saints & Sinners 2

And hoped for announcement of Hybrid Gaming support and GT7 in VR.

8 hours ago, foogledricks said:

There was a time where a follow-up to  Arkham franchise would garner quite a bit of anticipation. I wonder if the lack of enthusiasm is lost faith in Rocksteady, disinterest in the focus away from Batman, or reaction to the media info provided on the coming game so far.

The fact that it’s multiplayer is what’s lost me.

The single player mode has three CPU controlled characters at your side and I think you can switch to any of your squad as and when you please in that mode (I may be wrong). The emphasis is that they want you to play with three other people though. I'd honestly forgotten that whole angle so it wasn't the reason for my lack of interest. I'm burnt out on superhero products really, and third person action games in general, so it it says a lot for the quality I expect from Spider-man 2 and Zelda for me to invest in those things as exceptions. 

7 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

The single player mode has three CPU controlled characters at your side and I think you can switch to any of your squad as and when you please in that mode (I may be wrong). The emphasis is that they want you to play with three other people though. I'd honestly forgotten that whole angle so it wasn't the reason for my lack of interest. I'm burnt out on superhero products really, and third person action games in general, so it it says a lot for the quality I expect from Spider-man 2 and Zelda for me to invest in those things as exceptions. 

Correct on the single player implementation and the proof is in the pudding, really. That type of setup can be fun but I'm just not feeling it from the trailers. It's all too damned chaotic and they haven't really showed the game well.

Plus, the property does little for me. It's not super hero burnout on my end. I didn't like either of the Suicide Squad movies and the characters are just not that interesting.

By the way, I need to amend my list and say that there is one major omission from the list which a lot of folks tend to forget comes out at the end of this year….(including me!)

I’m currently playing through the original Final Fantasy VII Remaster and plan to move right into Remake afterwards. Rebirth is a big one on my list!

My most wanted in order:

Diablo 4

Spider-Man 2

FF7: Rebirth

Resident Evil 4 Remake

Jedi Survivor

Final Fantasy XVI

Starfield