LCVG

Old School Cartoon DVD news

Guest Bryan

I was excited to hear that Scooby Doo Seasons 1 & 2 will be released this March, along with Season one of The Flintstones! I have been introducing my kids to these great shows every chance I get. Classic humor never goes out of style, as evidenced by my guys laughing at Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck until their stomachs hurt...

The Jetsons and Jonny Quest are in the works as well.

Warner is also finishing off work on Volume 1 of a Tom & Jerry collection, remastered and uncut (and hopefully OAR anamorphic where applicable). We may get another Looney Tunes set in the winter as well.

Warner remain my favourite studio for DVD. Their transfers are excellent, so to is their mastering of the discs themselves. They're treating their animation and classic live action catalogues with so much love.

Whilst granted it is not old school, I am hoping they soon turn to Batman The Animated Series as season sets.

Daniel

• 1 month later...
Guest Bryan

The new Scooby and Flintstones box sets are on the way to me - I'll post impressions after we watch a few episodes of each. The Scooby box includes seasons 1 & 2; Flintstones box is first season only.

As I mentioned in January, Jonny Quest and The Jetsons box sets are due in May. :tu:

I was never a big Scooby fan, watched it but like freak said they just all became the same.

But does anything beat the Tom and Jerry episode where they're both in space and control jet robots of their selfs. Probably my all time favorite episode of any cartoon, after anything with the roadrunner in it. The only other Tom and Jerry one that comes close is the time when Jerry and his nephew froze the kitchen over to ice skate!!!!

Originally posted by Thrillho@Mar 12 2004, 02:47 PM

I was never a big Scooby fan, watched it but like freak said they just all became the same.

But does anything beat the Tom and Jerry episode where they're both in space and control jet robots of their selfs. Probably my all time favorite episode of any cartoon, after anything with the roadrunner in it. The only other Tom and Jerry one that comes close is the time when Jerry and his nephew froze the kitchen over to ice skate!!!!

LOL, we talked about the phenominal episode before. :tu:

Yes. Best. Episode. Evar.

I also kinda dig the cowboy one.

I'm buying Scooby Doo on Tuesday. I'm also contemplating picking up Dukes of Hazzard. It's a show that I loved as a kid. I caught an episode a couple of years ago (after not seeing it for many, many years) and was very unimpressed. I started rationalizing it. "How can two guys with no source of income keep chasing Boss Hogg around every week while continually paying to fix up their car that they bash the shit out of constantly?" I admit this kind of thinking is a mistake.

I may come back around by the time it's released. You'd think I'd have the same problem with Scooby Doo, but oddly, I'm pumped as hell for it!

Guest Bryan

Yabba Dabba Doo! My Flintstones and Scooby box sets are here. Uh, the kids box sets are here. :oops:

Now I can recover approximately 40% of my downstairs DVR from Scooby Doo!

I'll let you know how they look and how the kids react to their very first Flintstones episode this afternoon.

Guest Bryan

OK - watched two Scooby episodes and one Flintstones episode. This has to be the most beautiful these cartoons have ever looked! The colors are deep and true, not a speck of dust or a scratch to be found.

These releases are superb and will delight everyone.

:tu: :tu:

• 1 month later...
Guest Bryan

We received our Jonny Quest and Jetsons season 1 sets yesterday. The packaging is identical to the Scooby Doo / Flintstones releases. Jonny Quest and George Jetson never looked so good! It was awesome to see Liam and Alexander become engrossed in both of these shows immediately. They didn't blink an eye through either episode.

Highly recommended. :tu: :tu:

*Flintstones Season 2 is due before the end of the year along with Tom & Jerry, Wacky Races and TopCat.