LCVG

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

secretvampire

Look at those screen shots too, they had me laughing out loud here at work. I can't comprehend how this game was released?

Don't forget to watch the videos, they are breathtaking!

Yeah, I don't know who thought this genre up, and you are right adamsappel, the parking sections are usually the big draw, that is just sad.

My thinking is they just released it thinking at $9.99 some poor saps will pick it up, and maybe, just maybe that people would buy it out of noteriety after all the extremely poor reviews come out. I'm sure it was better than not releasing it at all, as sad as that sounds, if the company was calling it quits (and lets hope they are).

Jesus...what a piece of shit.

Okay, so...serious question here:

How in the world does a game, like this, get released? Honestly. Does the developer actually think that it will sell?!?? Didn't they spend some sort of $$$ to make it? Don't they want to make it back? Didn't anyone at the studio at least, PLAY, the damn thing?!!? Did they really sit down and say, "oh yeah, this is good"?!!?

...blows my mind...

My guess...they hired some programmers in Russia for a few thousand bucks, paid a little extra for somebody to design a nice box, paid a few more grand to have the CDs pressed, and viola a finished game. They are basically relying on the ignorance of the general buying population to see a cheap-ass $10 game and take a chance based on the low price. I bet they make their money back and then some!

Originally posted by secretvampire@Jan 21 2004, 03:48 PM

My guess...they hired some programmers in Russia for a few thousand bucks

If you check the developer's website it looks like that is exactly what they did...

ADVANTAGE

The highest technical caliber of Stellar Stone developers coupled with low offshore Russia-based engineering costs gives us sustainable competitive edge to employ more and higher quality engineers than a typical US company can afford, staff up projects faster, put more developers on a project for a better gameplay value and graphics visuals. For our customers that transfers into richier product feature set at the same price point.

ADVANTAGE

The highest technical caliber of Stellar Stone developers coupled with low offshore Russia-based engineering costs gives us sustainable competitive edge to employ more and higher quality engineers than a typical US company can afford, staff up projects faster, put more developers on a project for a better gameplay value and graphics visuals. For our customers that transfers into richier product feature set at the same price point.

I guess they sent their proofreading offshores too.