LCVG

Monday RS3 co-op?

Robot Monkey

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Jan 19 2004, 05:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Jan 19 2004, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MrJames@Jan 19 2004, 05:52 PM

Since last week I haven't been able to access my friends list through the website either.

I noticed that today as well. Huh.

-j [/b]

Likewise.

I'm sure it was working last night for me, though...

Xbox Live is aware of a current issue that is affecting friends lists on Xbox Live as well as the friends list on the My Live section of Xbox.com. We are working to resolve this as soon as possible. This issue is not affecting all users. We are scheduled to have this resolved by 8:00 a.m. PST tomorrow morning 1/20/04. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

From the Xbox Live forum at xbox.com.

Carlos.

Originally posted by JTello@Jan 20 2004, 09:53 AM

I was talking to Keith last night about wanting to play co-op Live games, so I was wondering how the co-op is in RS3? How does it work, what's it like?

Others may disagree (which is fine :D), but for me, co-op in RS3 is where the most fun is to be had with the game. It's you and a friend - or 2 friends, or 3 (4 people total max) and you can either play in "Terrorist Hunt" (no mission goals other than kill all the terrorists before your team is wiped out) or in Mission mode, where you have to rescue hostages or get evidence, etc (basically what the single player missions are). It's just a blast sneaking around, talking to each other, figuring out the best way to proceed into the next area or take out that pesky terrorist around the corner, how to kill the terrorists before they cap the hostage, etc - there's a lot of trial and error sometimes, but it's great fun.

Co-op is great fun in RS3. You can play with up to three other players and most of us play mission-based rounds or terrorist hunt. You have full communication with each teammate and can set strategies on the run.

One thing that I like is the variation on the team-based maps. You can explore parts of the maps that are not available in the you-vs-them games. I think the co-op mode is every bit as good as team play, if not better.

I haven't played co-op with many of you guys, but I have played a bunch with Player LUV and his buddies, and I agree that it is the way to go with this game.

We have kind of an unspoken rule that if one person dies early in the mission, the other two kill each other off so that one person isn't stuck watching for the next 15 minutes. Where that really makes it interesting, though, is when one person dies about five minutes in (as opposed to right away), and you're not sure if the other person is thinking "reset" or not. Then you have to watch your front AND your back, because the bullet that enters your brain just might be from your partner, who decided it was time to reset. Makes for an awful lot of tension, and sometimes it results in a Chinese standoff with both guys pointing their rifles at each others' head, waiting for the other person to make a move. :D

It always ends with a lot of laughs, though, and the last man standing tries to blow himself up in the most spectacular way possible for the benefit of the other people watching. Good times, good times... :lol:

Man, I was feeling like a red-headed stepchild last night (no offense to red-headed stepchildren, you poor pathetic bastards). I sent out invites left and right with little response. People were popping on- and off-line repeatedly.

I also think co-op is more fun than deathmatch. I wish there were a larger-team option and enemies would spawn behind you also.