LCVG

Timesplitters 3 to EA

The Daisy

Heres the report:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/timespl...ws_6086764.html

Electronic Arts and UK-based Free Radical Design have today announced a distribution and publishing agreement for the next game in the TimeSplitters series of first-person shooters. No information on the game itself has been released at this time, except that it will feature online play and is currently scheduled for worldwide release in 2005. Platforms for the game have not been announced, but it seems reasonable to assume that both PS2 and Xbox versions are in development at the very least.

I seem to remember Free Radical having a falling out of sorts with Eidos after the release of Timesplitters 2 (falling out may be an extreme here as my memory is hazy on this subject).

Originally posted by dogbert@Jan 21 2004, 02:01 PM

EA owns the Bond licence.

Free Radical contains much of the talent behind Goldeneye.

I hope not. I think that the move to a 3rd person game is best for the Bond games. (I'm not saying the first person shooters were bad, they just didn't completely capture the Bond feel.)

EA owns the Bond licence.

Free Radical contains much of the talent behind Goldeneye.

Oh the possibilities. I hadn't even thought of that until you brought it up Brian! As if EA needed anymore dollars lining thier pockets ;).

On the subject of the Bond license however I do have to give a nod to EA as Everything or Nothing is looking like a big time winner. I'm eager to give the game a try. (and Im not even a Bond fan).

On the subject of the Bond license however I do have to give a nod to EA as Everything or Nothing is looking like a big time winner. I'm eager to give the game a try. (and Im not even a Bond fan).
Here's my impressions of teh demo in the latest OXM mag:

-Motorcycle level: fun

-Shooting level: not fun

*Remembers playing Goldeneye all throughtout college and gets a nice, warm fuzzy feeling*
-Goldeneye: mucho fun

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Did anyone pick up TimeSplitters: Future Perfect yet? The reviews have been very decent for it' date=' but I'm curious if anyones going to buy it or play online with it.

Anyone?[/quote']

Just came here to ask the same thing. I was reading up on the map editor. It sounds like this is the game to get if you wanna make your own XBox Live FPS maps for indoor games. Plus you can set your own bots and give them logic, essentially enabling you to create your own missions. And take it aaaaall online.

It also has 160 playable characters with their own unique stats.

Yes Jay, you can play as a monkey. but he doesn't have sandals.

It's a game that just happened to release during a very busy month (March). There were a myriad of other titles that interested me more when TimeSplitters hit stores. That combined with the fact that the second game didn't leave me crazy to play a third, and I never got around to picking it up. It's a bargain bin title for me. If it is indeed going for around 15-20 bucks anymore though, I'll definitely pick it up as soon as I see it.