LCVG

Anyone interested in going to Coachella 2004?

kelley

So far here are the announced bands:

Saturday

*Radiohead

*The Pixies

*Kraftwerk

*Electric Six

*LCD Soundsystem

*Sahara Hotnights

*The (International) Noise Conspiracy

Sunday

*The Cure

*The Thrills

*Prefuse 73

*Sidestepper

*T. Raumschmiere

No Date Given

*Air

*Flaming Lips

*Basement Jaxx

*Yeah Yeah Yeahs

* The Shins

*Bright Eyes

*Death Cab for Cutie

*The Sleepy Jackson

*The Crystal Method

*Moving Units

*The Stills

There are heavy rumors that these bands might be added:

Morrissey

British Sea Power

The Hidden Cameras

Dizzee Rascal

Damien Rice

The Chemical Brothers

Pretty Girls Make Graves

Outkast

The Kills

Dan The Automator

Kings Of Leon

Jet

Felix Da Housecat

Ed Harcourt

James Lavelle

Cat Power

The Coral

The final line up should be posted on the 30th. It takes place in Indio, CA(Palm Springs is the closet airport). Tickets are $140 for both days. I'm highly thinking of going as it might be the first place to hear the Cure play their new material....plus I've never seen Radiohead or The Pixies......anyone else interested?

Well plane tickets are only $270 for me to leave the friday before and come back the monday after. Looks like all the nearby hotels are booked up, but there are still some avaliable in nearby towns....plus there is free camping at the site.

BTW the dates are May 1 and 2.

$243 roundtrip for those days for me. Cure, Radiohead, Pixies, Flaming Lips, and Air in one weekend... If they could arrange reunions for My Bloody Valentine and Echo and the Bunnymen it'd be freaking perfect.

Little extra Pixies information from last week.

4AD are releasing a Pixies DVD containing all of the band's videos, a complete live show, and the documentary Gouge, as well as a brand-new "retrospective compilation" CD-- both of which should be out in time for full-on Pixiesmania.

Geeez! I'm in serious need of some extra cash! What a line-up!

If they could arrange reunions for My Bloody Valentine and Echo and the Bunnymen it'd be freaking perfect.

Again, we are lacking a drool smiley here at LCVG! :)

plus I've never seen Radiohead

Best concert I've been to: Won tickets from Brown University's radio station to a private concert at a small club in Boston a few years back. The club was full but not obnoxious so you could move easily back and forth from the stage to the Bar. ;) How awesome is that! And on the bus from the club gave us a ton of free stuff,.... I ended up with like like 30 CD's, mostly great ones, tee-shirts, stickers, mugs,... tons of shwag, all high quality too. Good times!

As much as I want to figure out a way to go to this. I did a little digging and this is what I came up with over at frankblack.net. http://www.frankblack.net/news/#113

I'm a huge pixies/frank black/breeders fan. Definately my favorite band but I'm highly suspicious since there is no word from any of the actual members. Here's to praying that its true but.... I'm a pesimist.

I've read this is for real. They have signed for the show. I've also read they will likely do a couple surprise shows to publicly warm up for Coachella.

As a huge Pixies fan I'm cautiously excited. It's great to see them together (I'm hoping for a studio album though) but at the same time I know how these reunion things tend to work out: they usually suck.

It's great to see them together (I'm hoping for a studio album though) but at the same time I know how these reunion things tend to work out: they usually suck.

Yep, they often do. It was my fear with Jane's Addiction and Lollapalooza last summer and I'll say that that particular concert went a long way towards tarnishing fond memories of seeing Jane's playing in their prime. I'd hate for that to happen with a band I like much more and still listen to alot.

I agree, but I can always count on The Cure putting on a marvelous show. Really what I'm torn between here is waiting until the summer to see the Cure play multiple times in a row and maybe being lucky enough to catch the Pixies.....or going to this thing and only getting to see the Cure when they stop in Dallas. But going that route means I'll miss such bands like Radiohead(who I have never scene), Air(again never scene), Basement Jaxx(never scene), Kraftwerk(never scene), etc....