LCVG

Halo 2 prerelease discussion.

DaveC

So I was checking out the EBgames website and decided to look at Halo 2 and the release date has been changed to June 1, so it looks like we're going to have to wait a little longer.... :evil:

Over at gamespot they are reporting the same deal:

RUMOR #5: Halo 2 is being delayed until summer 2004.

Source: EBGames and GameStop have changed their release dates to June 1.

The official story: "We're going to ship it when it's ready." -- Xbox Xecutive Robbie Bach

What we heard: The Bungie folks stopped responding to e-mails long ago, and Microsoft isn't too keen on revealing the day the Master Chief will touch down. Reliable sources tell GameSpot that the Halo 2 news blackout is so real that Microsoft PR staff have long been under strict orders to stay clear of Bungie's work area. And while online stores sometimes post ballpark figures for release dates, they will often quietly blow the lid off of the information that tight-lipped developers have worked overtime to conceal.

Bogus or not bogus?: Unfortunately, not bogus.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice to everyone regarding Halo's release date is to wait until Bungie or Microsoft announces a release date. All you're going to do by counting on a release date from such sites as EB, IGN, Gamespot, etc. is disappointment. As the quote says...

"We're going to ship it when it's ready." -- Xbox Xecutive Robbie Bach

This has always been the case with Halo 2 and it always will be.

My advice: WHAT ABOUT ALL THE CRAP THAT CAME OUT THE PAST 3 MONTHS?????? YOU FINISHED IT ALL ALREADY???????

I'm one of those gamers that buys a shit load of games and plays them all but I never seem to finish them, except of course a few like Halo and Prince of Persia and a couple others that really stand out!!

I would think that if the release was in the next 3 months or so, we would already start to see the hype machine kicking into high gear.

I'm guessing they will announce a release date during E3, and get the hype going plus focus attention away from whatever their competitors big E3 news will be. Then they will release the game late in 3rd quarter.

Carlos.

For all these damn delays it BETTER be the best thing since sliced bread.

You must be expecting the release of Duke Nukem to come complete with the rapture then ;).

Delays are nothing new for the industry and realistically I imagine it's worse for consoles than it is PCs. PC products can easily be patched, consoles cannot. Technically you can do that over Live, but realizing that only a fraction of the people who'll buy Halo 2 have Live, they have to make sure everything works because they can't go back and fix their mistakes as easily as they could if they were shipping a PC title.

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Jan 30 2004, 02:41 PM

Geez Carlucci! As if the wait wasnt bad enough man. 8)

And to add to the anticipation, the accompanying Article states:

It's really important to point out that this screen is straight from the current game engine. The resolution is a little sharper thanks to the way screens are dumped from the frame buffer, but this is entirely representative of the lighting, polygon counts, bump-mapping and particle effects. There's no trickery or BS here. And of course, this is early stuff, so things will change and improve between now and launch.

Gonna be a loong wait!

Originally posted by FutureVoid+Jan 30 2004, 03:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FutureVoid @ Jan 30 2004, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I got dibs on Grif (EDITED TO BE LOPEZ).

OK BIG EDIT: I TOTALLY HAVE DIBS ON LOPEZ![/b]

Hey now :shock: What season are we going by here?

<!--QuoteBegin-Spoiler inside

Church uses Lopez's body at the end of season 1 and at the start of 2

Or are we talking about a LCVG version of RvB?