LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
curdio

not happy with action replay cheaters in RS3

was playing yesterday on a guy's server that was hosting 16 players flawlessly. he consistently got the most numbers of kills each round. i noticed he had a gun that was absolutely silent. he admitted to having action replay which allowed him to have a silent g6 and carry two primary weapons. anybody who questioned action replay got booted off his server

That's why I and most people here (and so should you) only play with Friends. Meeting Friends of Friends lets you increase your list exponentially. Send out some invites to LCVGers, you won't find any of that behavior here.

Originally posted by adamsappel@Feb 1 2004, 05:10 PM

... Send out some invites to LCVGers, you won't find any of that behavior here.

But then you have to listen to my "funny" Live chatter.

-j

Ugh that is so incredibly gay. There are so many aholes out there. For instance I was on a server the other night and was seeing some wierd stuff happen with the host (he was throwing molitove cocktails, he was launching the game immediately when everyone entered the lobby, I put a full clip of G3A3 ammo in him and he didnt die, etc). Then after I killed him like 4 times in a row he booted me (this was after he was complaining about how his stats were getting messed up). I am amazed at how people get so obsessed with the rankings. It is this obsession that leads to assmunches like you encountered who use shit like action replay. I'm glad I have the LCVG community to rely on for my live gaming goodness otherwise I think most my good Xbox experiences would almost all be offline ones. Yay for LCVG! :)

I haven't really played an public LIVE game in since MotoGP and Unreal Tournment. Since hooking up with LCVGer's, I have had assmunch free gaming.

Yup. Public games are synonymous with painful.

Not just because of the cheaters and exploiters, but wait till you have a girl come into the room. They all start hitting on her like a pack of hungry rats. It's as if the opposite sex was some kind of rare species, a sort of rainbow coloured exotic bird that reveals itself on XBOX LIVE as some sort of annual mating ritual.

I have this weird mental picture of these kids chatting.

CoolDude1: Hey, I just got XBOX LIVE! It's fan-fucking-tabulous! I beat all these strangers online in RS3, I accumulate these wicked stats, and I can talk trash to them while I'm at it. They don't even know I'm using Action Replay!

CoolDude2: I told ya it r0X0rs, wait till you get a girl come into the room! Once, I had a multiple orgasm!

CoolDude1: WHOA! Too cool!

I played a semi-public game the other night with a girl, and she p0wn3d! "Ripper's Chick," maybe? She schooled everybody, and quick. I entered the room late, so she had already earned their "respect," but you could tell it was hurting some of them emotionally to get capped by her.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but Ubisoft recently placed a note on the the front page of Rainbow Six 3's website. Here it is:

http://www.rainbowsix3.com/us/home.php?cha...hange_version=2

Note:

Friday 01.30.04

Cheating & Stats Issues

It has come to out attention that some players have been cheating, for example, with the Action Replay cheat to enable Molotov cocktails among other items in multiplayer online play.

Both Ubisoft and Microsoft take this very seriously and a fix is under way and will be implemented soon.

Additionally, many of you may have noticed, the Rainbow Six 3 stats are not working properly. This is a huge priority for Ubisoft & Microsoft and both companies are working closely to get this fixed as quickly as possible.

We are making every effort to ensure the best online gaming experience for everyone playing Rainbow Six 3.

Thanks for your patience.

There's rumors flying around that Action Replay is the reason Bungie isn't releasing Halo 2 yet. It sounds a lil' crazy, 'til you start thinking about it. Cheating/hacking killed Wolfenstein and it's in the process of ruining Rainbow 6 3. I wouldn't blame Bungie if they're worried about asshats ruining Halo 2.

I played with a guy last week that was getting head-shots ALL THE TIME. When asked about it, he said "I'm just good with head-shots." :? Right away, I'm thinking this guy's cheating. But what if he really was that good? We'll never know... Just another way all this cheating is ruining this game. Now, everytime someone gets owned, there's always a question. Unless of course, you're playing with friends. :twisted:

Maybe somebody could help me out but, is it THAT hard to design a fly to go in the cheater's ointment? A monkey-wrench in Action Replay's works? Something NEEDS to be done.

I've never heard of Action Replay until this thread. First time I've heard of cheating on xbox live as well. Unless you count track shortcuts and such in motogp.

Not playing on public servers on live is not a viable option or at leaast it wont be until you can save servers as favorites and the servers can be password protected on join. The way it is now where a person already playing has to invite is cumbersome at best.

Until those features are implemented, all servers are fair game and there should be no cheating. What is it about this Action Replay thing that allows cheating? Strange that it can with Microsoft's firm stance.

Here's to hoping Live! stays mostly cheater free.

A Molotov Cocktail is where you get a bottle, like a beer bottle, and fill it with gasoline or other liquid flammable. Then you stuff a rag in it, with one end of the rag hanging out a bit. You light the rag, and then hurl the bottle, wherever it lands, you have a small explosion and fire.

In the game, I've heard it doesn't give much more of an advantage over grenades, except that the explosion/fire is instantaneous as opposed to the wait for the grenade to explode, plus you can equip more of them.

Carlos.

Are the Molotov cocktails (invented by Finnish soldiers and mockingly named for Molotov, Russia's Secretary of War during WWII) a feature from the single-player campaign? It's kind of odd that you can only carry so many compact grenades, but you can carry a couple six-packs of gasoline-filled bottles.

From what I've gathered, some of the enemies you encounter in the single-player game have Molotov's. What the asshats have done is figure out how to assign the enemies attributes to their characters in multiplayer.

The molotov cocktails are the "flashy" kind of cheat for the showoffs. More subtle, and more advantageous to the cheater, is the ability to assign multiple "primary" weapons. For instance, someone might equip themselves with a good automatic rifle AND a Shotgun, so they could quickly switch between the two. Or they might have two of the same weapon, so they can avoid having to reload.

Carlos.