LCVG

Bryan's HT

Guest Bryan

Thanks for sharing! Those are some nice pics! I suppose that's not a rear projection TV you have there. Is it a direct view or one of those newfangled LCD monitors?

I actually used to have the same shelf you use for your games and DVDs when I was in college. I used it as my official equipment rack up until the time I got my Toshiba RPTV. Those are some nice shelfs and pretty versatile too.

Thanks Jeff!

The set is a 46" Samsung Digital Light Projection monitor. It is 17" deep and weighs around 70 pounds. There are three HD inputs: one for 480i/480p and two for 480p/720p/1080i. I am about to need one of those Pelican System Selectors because I want to upgrade my PS2 video cables. HD cable box, Xbox and Cube are already connected.

Love that DLP Bryan! 8)

And your support of Tom Brady and the Patriots is appreciated! ;) It's also great how you highlighted how Jim Nance, Dan Marino, Dion Sanders and Boomer Esiason all picked the Patriots to win, nice touch. Do you need me to stop by Gilette Stadium and pick up some Super Bowl DVD's to add to that great collection you've got?

:green:

Originally posted by MrJames@Feb 2 2004, 06:15 AM

Nice setup. Once you get adjusted to viewing HD, switching back is very hard to do. Ask Allen. :green:

No kidding. And then there's the nitpicking over the quality of different HD broadcasts...and the even more pointless nitpicking over different quality cameras used in a single HD broadcast...like in the superbowl where that one camera looked like crap and everyting else was amazing.

Hey Bryan, I notice that you're TV is down kind of low. I actually lowered the image on my projector (not quite that low) because I found it a lot nicer to watch movies, etc with the center of the image right at eye level. I kind of discovered that by accident, but I left it that way and like it a lot more than looking upward.

Ed,

The recliners put you pretty close to floor level when they are laid back, which is the reason the set is not on a box or platform. I tried one the day it was delivered, but liked it better a little lower. Looking up from my chairs just seems like more work than I want to do while watching a flick. It's all about adjustments, isn't it?

Originally posted by Angel Pagan@Feb 2 2004, 09:01 PM

Nice setup. That Samsung looks sweet. I need to post my HT pics. Just don't know how to go about doing it.

email them to me or scott and we will make sure they get posted for you angel and that goes for anyone else too.

• 4 weeks later...