LCVG

Which recent video game should have sold more?

AnthonyVolpe

Which recent video game's lack of sales and/or attention are you MOST upset about?  

1. 1. Which recent video game's lack of sales and/or attention are you MOST upset about?

• Amplitude (PS2)
    • Beyond Good and Evil (PS2, XBox, Gamecube)
    • Bombastic (PS2)
    • Clock Tower 3 (PS2)
    • Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (PS2, XBox, Gamecube)
    • Otogi: Myth of Demons (XBox)
    • Port Royale (PC)
    • Prince of Persia (PS2, XBox, Gamecube)
    • Ultimate Muscle: Legends vs. New Generation (Gamecube)

I voted for Beyond Good & Evil. I'm surprised Ubisoft didn't target female gamers for this one, or that girl gamers didn't take up the cause. Strong female protagonist, great story, good puzzles, simple combat, the emphasis on the photojournalist aspect of the game.

But, am I "upset" about it? Nope. All of the five games I own from that list were purchased on sale. And I'm waiting for the others to drop.

I selected Metal Arms because its such a great little game from a first time studio. However I agree with Chris, all of these games deserved to sell more. Be it Otogi, BG&E or Amplitude (which was too fun for words IMHO).

So my vote went for Bombastic.

Another one I really agree with. It took me a while to finally unwrap the game since I was so busy getting through some other titles but Bombastic is some seriously good fun. Unfortunately the puzzle genre is much in the same boat as the sidescrolling/rail shooter genre of old. Both are niche titles that the mass market tends to look over. An unfortunate situation.

Still Bombastic was worth the wait to any Devil Dice fan and with R-type Final coming in two days, chalk another one up for the shooter fans out there ;) .

Speaking of which someone tell them to hurry up and get Unity out already!

Wow I own five of these and paid full price for three of them (Bombastic, Amplitude, Prince of Persia) the other two (Beyond Good and Evil, Clock Tower 3) I got after price drops. Still need to get Metal Arms and Otogi though. I probably played Amplitude the most even though the music in the game really sucks to the point it irritates me (Frequency had better tunes I thought). The David Bowie track is good and I love Garbage but the rest is pretty much "garbage" in my most humble of opinions. Maybe that hurt the game and its sales?

Bombastic is killer fun, if you don't have it - get it! Before its no longer "available". I always wanted Devil Dice but never picked it up (lack of fundage) so when Bombastic was released I was ALL over it!

Ikaruga should have been on the list though (that was this year right??)

Originally posted by FreakTornado@Feb 2 2004, 05:07 PM

I haven't played BG&E or PoP yet. So my vote went for Bombastic. I think puzzle games as a genre are massively underrepresented. If it wasn't for the PalmOS platform, puzzle fans would be in a gaming desert.

I also voted for Bombastic.....if this game just had online play it would be perfect.