LCVG

Boston fans don't deserve to win anything

foogledricks

There's no-way everyone is gonna be happy. Two places I'd hate to be after a championship (from past history of fan violence in such situations) Oakland and Detroit. But I'm sure the majority of Detroit and Oakland fans would be upset to hear such things, even if they happen to be true, because the majority of fans in any city are innocent of any such stupidity. That's the real shame, ..the small minority of fools acting like jackasses giving cities and regions a bad name. Unfortunately these things can spread like a disease as jerks try to show-up other jerks. I see the people in that thread as having much the same problem they are accusing others of having. They are bashing others and making sweeping negative generalizations with little regard as to who they insult. I'm from the Boston area (but you already know that ;) ), and I'm not insulted by immature people spewing biased incomplete thoughts.

I live in Detroit and I've seen 3 Stanley Cup's and 2 NBA Championships won here and there were no riots and certainly no fatalities. Granted there were problems after the 84 Tigers won but thats 20 years in the past, the days of devils nights fires and riots are long since passed here. ;)

Originally posted by bug@Feb 2 2004, 09:12 PM

the days of devils nights fires and riots are long since passed here. ;)

thats cause theres nothing left to burn ;)

I'm from the greater Boston area , from the news footage I saw it was drunken college age kids in the Kenmore & NortheasternUniv. sections

Houston = Classiest Celebration Ever! (when Rockets won NBA Championship)

People poured out into the streets and partied like crazy down the Richmond strip, but no one felt the need to turn to violence and vandalism.

It will be just like that when the Astros win the World Series this year!

Dare to Dream!

Carlos.

I think what you'll find is after a team wins a championship if a small group riot, they are not really fans of the team anyway. I know when my Yankees won all their World Series my feelings were of elation and the last thing I would feel is violent. I think when people riot it has nothing to do with the true diehard fan and more to do with some idiots looking for an excuse to be malicious.

Personally I despise the Red Sox and the Patriots(and I'm from Mass), but they have great fans and do deserve a championship because they support their team no matter what.