LCVG

Psychonauts

Kynan

This is the only Xbox game I'm looking forward to, aside from Halo 2. I'm sure you guys know all about Psychonauts, due Christmas of this year, but just in case: It's an adventury, platformy game where you play as Raz, a kid who wants to become a psychonaut - a kind of psychic espionage operative. But before becoming a psychonaut Raz has to attend a school for budding psychics. At the school Raz will jump into the minds of students and other people, and this is where the game takes place, each mind serving as a distinct (in look and feel) level, complete with boss monster care of the person's inner demon.

Although the game hasn't exactly fallen off the radar since making it's debut at E3 2002, the hype has been minimal compared to, say, FABLE. So yeah, here's some screenshots, all of which are about 20 times larger than they probably should be, but they do a good job of conveying a sense of the game's art direction, which I think is an important part of what makes Psychonauts interesting. Anyone else excited about this one?

Funny you should mention that Brian. Not to derail this thread away from Psychonauts but I posted the latest update from lhtimes in this thread:

http://www.lcvg.com/forum/index.php?showto...t=0entry37621

Looking at the screenies of Psychonauts by the way inspired me to reinstall Grim Fandango. mmmmm wonderful adventure gaming mmmmmm.

I'm just worried that this game will be another Malice and eventually get cancelled.

That would suck. It seems really unlikely, though, even if this title is sort of like Microsoft Games Studios's dark horse. I don't remember anything about Malice, except for the screenshots prior to Xbox's release. Who was the developer, and how far along were they? I'm guessing not very?

MicroSoft will release this if they've got at least a clue ;).

Tim Schaefer is one of the great designers and the man knows how to craft a wicked game. This may very well sell X-Boxes to a few people. Not a great number, but a few.

Hmm, I feel a return to Full Throttle coming on :P.

Originally posted by Kynan@Feb 4 2004, 02:59 PM

I'm just worried that this game will be another Malice and eventually get cancelled.

That would suck. It seems really unlikely, though, even if this title is sort of like Microsoft Games Studios's dark horse. I don't remember anything about Malice, except for the screenshots prior to Xbox's release. Who was the developer, and how far along were they? I'm guessing not very?

I believe Argonaut was the developer and Sierra was their publisher, then Sierra dropped Malice. I thought I read were they had gotten another publisher.

I believe Argonaut was the developer and Sierra was their publisher, then Sierra dropped Malice. I thought I read were they had gotten another publisher.

Evolved Games (Formerly known as XiCat Interactive) is now the publisher for Malice and PowerDrome.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/malice/...ws_6087326.html

Malice is due in March already believe it or not (Its been done for awhile I would imagine).