LCVG

Painful picture for PGR2 players

Kain rising

Originally posted by Ryan FB@Feb 5 2004, 10:00 PM

So, is that number on the windshield the body shop's estimate? :shock: :green:

That might be about right if the shop's suggestion was:

"Sell this one for scrap and buy a new one!" :P

(At least, I think the Enzo Ferrari sells for about a $1,000,000... ? )

(At least, I think the Enzo Ferrari sells for about a $1,000,000... ? )

No, no. You'll get change from your million, Kain. MSRP is $659,430USD.

There should be plenty left over for some Ferrari baseball caps, T-Shirts, Flags, and other miscellaneous paraphernalia.

I know it looks like it hurts, but the safety engineers really did their job on this one. I got away with a little bruising, but that's all. FWIW, I wasn't paying attention and was trying to find a decent song on my soundtrack. A shopping cart rolled down a two-degree incline and did the damage you see before you. Well, the folks in Maranello did tell me that it was designed to disintegrate.

Originally posted by Sam P@Feb 6 2004, 12:11 AM

No, no. You'll get change from your million, Kain. MSRP is $659,430USD.

Wow, ok I was way off. I just did a quick search on Google and the first hit with a price I saw was 550,000GBP. What a rip off - I know not to buy from them when I go looking! ;)

(...stops daydreaming and gets back to work...)

Originally posted by iainl@Feb 6 2004, 11:26 AM

Aaah, but was that someone selling second hand? I can easily see an Enzo going for that price if you could take it home today, rather than joining an n-year waiting list (where n is large).

I don't think waiting lists are an indication of how many will be sold (or how difficult it might be to acquire one right now). Most people are impatient and fickle, will likely buy something else before then, lose interest in it after the initial hype, or forget about it alltogether. This is certainly the way with most exciting new releases. Cars like the RX-8 and 350Z were selling well above MSRP when they were unveiled at some places, but it doesn't take long before the dealer sells them like any other car.

Whether this applies to extremely rich folk, I don't know.

Originally posted by FreakTornado@Feb 6 2004, 02:44 PM

Last night I was on the street about 20 feet form my house when I heard this amazing whirring sound accompanied by a nice sawtooth-wave bass subharmonic...I turn around and a silver Testarossa goes gliding past...the sound alone was a head-turner...

Ooohhh yeah. Ferrari noises make me weak at the knees.