LCVG

Anybody here use to own a 3DO Console?

Bruce B

I use to(I think I paid like $400 10 years ago). It had a few great games but floundered due to software support. My favorite game for it was Road Rash. It had a killer soundtrack(Soundgarden etc). I wish they had Road Rash for Xbox with live capability. Racing games bore me unless they have weapons!

Yep, I had a 3DO too. It cost me $500. That sure seems expensive for a fancy CD player. :D Of course, I also paid $500 for my first DVD player and $500 for my DirecTV dish/receiver when those first came out.

I loved Road Rash too. I also liked how there was a headphone jack on the controller. Pretty slick. I remember thinking that Crystal Dynamics shooter was great too (I can't remember what it's called now in my old age).

I loved The Horde game too with Kirk Cameron. That's how hard up for games the 3DO (and it's users) were!. :green:

I remember playing a game for 3DO in the store, and it was somewhat similar to Twisted Metal, but geared a bit more toward racing than just blowing things up. I don't think it was Road Rash, there were cars involved.

Anyway it was great, I had never seen anything that looked so good (iirc it used video of people within the game, similar to Mortal Kombat 1, but much better quality).

I've looked here and there online but have never seen a 3DO for sale. Anyone know what they go for nowadays?

Road Rash fo the 3DO is still the best motorcycle racing game I've ever played. When you have to beat down a cop and grab his nightstick while gunning 100 MPH down a busy SF street all to a Soundgarden soundtrack, I mean come on! It doesn't get any better than that.

It didn't hurt that it was a really nice CD player that had some of the best visual components I've ever seen...

Fellow 3DO owner here, as well.

Mine is the original Panasonic one. Ugly looking thing. Still sitiing in it's original box in my bedroom closet. Paid 500 beans for mine too!

When I bought it, I bought Super Wing Commander and Escape From Monster Manor. I still love that simple Monster Manor shooter!!! Awesome soundtrack!

Road Rash 3DO is definitely THE best one ever.

The car game you guys are talking about was called Crash-n-Burn. I remember walking past the monitors that Babbages used to have lining the one wall in their store at our mall, and they had a video of Crash-n-Burn playing. Stopped me right in my tracks. Never saw graphics like that ever. But, 700 dollars???? Ummm, no.

One of the hardest games I've EVER played...pc or console, since the dawn of Pong, was on the 3DO. It was called Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Bloodangels. Damn was that friggin game hard!!!!! Never finished it. Finally got stuck in a spot where I couldn't go any further.

Do you guys remember Shock Wave? It was VERY cool for it's time. It was an 'on rails' shooter where there was an alien invasion of earth. There was a bunch of pretty cool videos from news reporters talking about the escalating attack ect. It all played out pretty well. Neat game.

I had lots of great memories playing the 3do. It was put to rest at my house when the Playstation moved in, Christmas '95.

Originally posted by Derrik Draven@Feb 13 2004, 12:00 AM

One of the hardest games I've EVER played...pc or console, since the dawn of Pong, was on the 3DO. It was called Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Bloodangels. Damn was that friggin game hard!!!!! Never finished it. Finally got stuck in a spot where I couldn't go any further.

Hey! I've got that game for Playstation. I bought it for $2.50 at Office Depot, but haven't ever opened it. Maybe I'll try it soon.

• 2 weeks later...