LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce B

2004 MLB Season

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Yankees go down! :green: :green: :Rock: :shock: :drool: :thud: :wtf: :jawdrop:

Congrats to all you Sox fans. NOW...you better channel your energies towards the Astros, we are going to need all the help we can get tomorrow! It will be a hell of a series if they make it. :)

Originally posted by gwhinwi@Oct 20 2004, 10:52 PM

Maybe the announcers had it right when they suggested that Pedro asked to be in the game.

Who knows?

Glen

Maybe. But they should stop letting Pedro manage the team.

Anyhow, CONGRATS SOX!!!!

I'll also have to rescind my "more disappointing than last year" comment. :oops:

4 More Wins!

Great Series. I can not wait for tommorow. You guys dont get the chance to really rub it into yankee fans here . Im gonna get every single newspaper headline and hang it at work by the counter ;) Lots of photocopies to hand out also

Time to get the Astros in there

capt

As a Red Sox fan, you learn not to celebrate too early, and to fear every moment on the field (I couldn't believe Pedro was pitching), but what an incredible bit of baseball. Four in a row!

I've been terrible for keeping up with recent games thanks to those pesky time zones, but I knew I just had to stay up for last nights game and I am glad I did, even if it did take me beyond 5am my time. Tension was made worse by sporadic break up in the satellite feed to the UK but it eventually cleared up.

Had it gone beyond the 9th though I think my eyes would have begun to bleed I was so tired. I was never really bothered about staying up so late to catch live game broadcasts in the past, but this year especially such late nights have begun to take a toll (and I am on doctor?s orders). I need a Tivo or something.

Daniel

Even though the Sox won, the bringing in Pedro move still baffles me. What the hell were they thinking. Lowe was crusing and his pitch count was only in the high 60's

capt

Oh-My, How Awesome was that Series!!! :D:D:D

I think I've said "I just can't believe it" at least a million times since last night! It is pretty surreal around here. I think everyone in Boston was late for work today. I got stuck in so much traffic that I was an hour and twenty minutes late for work, and the train was packed tighter than I've ever seen it. The whole train was buzzing, and even the train conductor was caught up in the excitement, as he kept making random Red Sox congratulatory announcements. :)

You couldn't have scripted a better series, and even that poor decision to put Pedro in the game was good for the series, as it added a little nervous drama just when everyone started to settle into complacency. I was ready to rip Francona over it, but right now I can't even be bothered to get down the Sox manager. (enjoy the reprive while it lasts Terry! ;) )

I'm just glad I don't live in the City anymore, as the ass-hats were out in full force turning cars and setting bonfires. I might be able to get tickets for a World Series game as one of my frineds works for the Sox,... but I'm torn as I would love to be at the Sox WS title game, but the Fenway neighborhood would be such an unsafe zoo after such a game. Maybe I'll just try for a comfortable game 1 or 2!

What a wonderful time to be a sports fan here in New England, with the Sox and Pats! :tu: :tu:

1098335047_7119.jpg

Man, I didn't even know something like that was going on, or I would've joined! I had to share my jubilation with the dog, who frankly just wasn't as interested as I was...

:lol:

I didn't know you guys were online either, was it mentioned on the forum? I hadn't seen a post about it. I would have joined you for some of the fun.

You guys dont get the chance to really rub it into yankee fans here . Im gonna get every single newspaper headline and hang it at work by the counter icon_wink.gif Lots of photocopies to hand out also.

Don't do that on my corner, dude. I know karate. :evil:

Originally posted by stencil@Oct 21 2004, 11:19 AM

You guys dont get the chance to really rub it into yankee fans here . Im gonna get every single newspaper headline and hang it at work by the counter icon_wink.gif Lots of photocopies to hand out also.

How many CHOKE moves do you know? :lol:

Originally posted by Whooter+Oct 21 2004, 10:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Whooter @ Oct 21 2004, 10:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-stencil@Oct 21 2004, 11:19 AM

How many CHOKE moves do you know? :lol: [/b]

Come by my corner and I'll show you!

Come by my corner and I'll show you

Oh,just take it like a man & go crying in your beer :)

It was soooo great to hear Yankee fans call the New England & New York sportstalk radio shows & moan & cry about what happened.

Going to take Yankee fan a loooong time to live this down...

Not at all... just another year, and hopefully it'll get people to shut up about the curse and just play some ball. I've been lucky enough to be a fan during one of the best runs ever, so I have no complaints. At least this year I get to watch the World Series as an interested observer rather than a fan.

Originally posted by stencil@Oct 21 2004, 05:29 PM

Not at all... just another year, and hopefully it'll get people to shut up about the curse and just play some ball. I've been lucky enough to be a fan during one of the best runs ever, so I have no complaints. At least this year I get to watch the World Series as an interested observer rather than a fan.

I don't think so. When the reality of this sinks in about just how badly the Yankees blew this series,it isn't going to go away. The Yankees could spend all the money they want - they can even win it all next year - but...

It still won't take away the fact that the 2004 New York Yankees are now the biggest chokers in all of professional sports. The Red Sox played some awesome ball - but the Yanks had them dead & buried. Who knows when,if ever,will another baseball team can come back from an 0-3 deficit to win a series.

Heck,the Red Sox made history by just tying the series at 3-3. That hadn't ever been done before...

I agree. As a Yankees fan, I have to accept the fact that every time a MLB or NBA team goes down 0-3, this series will be mentioned and forever be used as a measure of hope for other teams. :(

Ah, what the hell. We win next year, all will be forgiven. :tu:

As much credit as I give Boston, their fans MUST realize that "the curse" could still materialize in the WS and keep them from winning. Unless, of course, this WAS the WS for them and they now wouldn't mind it so much if they lost.

Besides, 1918 kinda has a cool ring to it, don't ya think? :green:

Heck,the Red Sox made history by just tying the series at 3-3. That hadn't ever been done before...

I can already see this as what Boston fans settle for.