LCVG

Bad Luck Friday

Chris F

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we might need a few rooms tonight then. :)

I'll setup my room around 10PM EST, and I'll post the room name here. I'll take the first three people that hop online. :)

I'd probably suggest that a few others do the same. My room will be for n00bs though, since I'm right at the beginning, and I don't want to start from a later point.

Feel free to PM me or AIM me, if you have any questions or anything.

Originally posted by Ruffneck@Feb 13 2004, 01:47 PM

My room will be for n00bs though, since I'm right at the beginning, and I don't want to start from a later point.

Most will probably want to do this if you're at all interested in the story. Hopefully, some will want to join Romier and I, but if not, I'm sure we'll all meet up at some point :)

I am interested as well. I have a level 7 single player if that can be used online in a game or I can start out as a newb. Probably be higher by tonight though.

I have no clue how to do this PS2 online stuff though so it will be hit or miss. Have the network adapter and headset setup and working just havent tried it for real yet.

Would it be smart to add the character level recommendation to any planned game?

Originally posted by Bappo+Feb 13 2004, 03:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bappo @ Feb 13 2004, 03:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I am interested as well. I have a level 7 single player if that can be used online in a game or I can start out as a newb. Probably be higher by tonight though.[/b]

I'm pretty sure that your single player character can not be brought online.

Originally posted by Bappo@Feb 13 2004, 03:06 PM

I have no clue how to do this PS2 online stuff though so it will be hit or miss. Have the network adapter and headset setup and working just havent tried it for real yet.

It's pretty straight forward. If you run into any problems let us know.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bappo@Feb 13 2004, 03:06 PM

Would it be smart to add the character level recommendation to any planned game?

It may be helpful, but as long as you're with some high level players you should be ok as all experience is shared with everyone in your party.

I can host a Noob Room for those that want to check out the story as well as build up your dude or dudet...

Other then the hour or two I played last night I too am a noob and had no problem getting on last night. The best thing to do is check here for times and "Private Room Names" so you can join the one that suits you best.

will you guys be at level 50 and unwilling/unable to help out the weaklings?

You can ask Howie that question and see how he replies. I'm sure he wasnt complaining about the hand me downs and help we were offering last night so thats not something you need to worry about Allen. This isn't an MMO.

Originally posted by adamsappel+Feb 13 2004, 06:58 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamsappel @ Feb 13 2004, 06:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Is this a game we have to buy immediately in order to enjoy playing with the group? If we wait, will you guys be at level 50 and unwilling/unable to help out the weaklings? Do teams need to be four strong to be any fun?[/b]

To answer your first question Allen, yes and no. Yes in the fact that you can join the higher level characters and gain experience even if you're not battling the baddies. No in the fact that you'd miss out on the story and it might get kind of boring for you.

Of course you might be able to get a higher level character to start from the beginning with you and show you the ropes like Romier and myself did with Howie last night.

In regards to your second question, I don't know, the most we've had so far has been 3 :) But, just playing with one other person is a lot of fun too.

Originally posted by Orpheus@Feb 13 2004, 06:54 PM

If there is room in a room, count me in, spent all last night leveling up my Ranger.

Online or offline?

<!--QuoteBegin-Whooter@Feb 13 2004, 05:45 PM

Just so everyone knows, I went out and bought a PS2 and a copy of CoN, just to play tonight.

Damn, Joel, there's no more room, sorry about that :P

I had a really good first time playing this game with those guys last night. They were like official tour guides that threw me a bone every once in a while. (Wow this response just took a turn for the worse. Laugh it up??????????.... Now back to the post. )

Like the Mace I got early on from Buck and a sick hammer I got later from Romier since it was only for my class. I must say its been HAMMER TIME ever since. Dame that thing is "too legit to quit" and it looked a hell of a lot cooler then that toothpick Romier tried out.. :) (I just cant win with my wording) Plus they were really cool about leaving a lot of loot around for me to gather up. Which was helpful for buying crap.. Thanks guys.

From IGN:

The issue of character importing and exporting is not cleanly taken care of here. Importing a character into a multiplayer game, offline or online, takes a character from a saved game and places it into the one in progress. After playing together and advancing the character, saving the online game creates a save with that character in that location.

This is fine if you're the host since you start the online game from where your save game is, but if you're joining it's a little awkward. If you import into an online game and then save that game, your character is in that location in the save for going back to offline. If you're not careful, you can easily create a new save where your character is a few levels ahead or behind of the previous location. This can be solved by joining another multiplayer game where your old save was and saving there. To stay in the same location in the offline game, it's possible to import the advanced save character into the old save game and then delete the original. It creates a system of rudimentary character hacking as an essential part of the game.

So, it looks like you can import your character back and forth. Just make sure to save the online game as a new separate save and then import your advanced character back into it's original offline game.

With that bit if very confusing information I have a level 8 warrior in single that I can bring over if necessary.

I think forever more I will not play off line again. I will just always play in a private online game called bappo when not in an arranged game. That way I will always have characters of varying levels from newb to further.

I can start up a cleric or a warrior tonight for play. I tend to be the rush in headfirst kinda player anyways.