LCVG

Its Finally Here!

kelley

first.gif

Here is the box in my living room floor

second.gif

Mr. Zero is like open it up, we want to see the POWER!

forth.gif

White keyboard, mouse, and software.

fifth.gif

Out of the box, Pai wants to help get the wrapping off.

sixth.gif

Such an awesome design.

seventh.gif

Yes there is 2 PowerPC 970s in there!

eight.gif

This is my temporary setup, going tonight to buy a desk.

Originally posted by Buck+Feb 14 2004, 01:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buck @ Feb 14 2004, 01:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gigapower@Feb 14 2004, 03:59 PM

This is my temporary setup, going tonight to buy a desk.

Better put a monitor on that list too. :D [/b]

And a real mouse too, I hate Apple's one button klunkers.

Originally posted by MrJames@Feb 14 2004, 03:07 PM

VERY nice. So whens the matching flat screen coming?

I don't know, ask Apple as they still haven't updated the Cinema Displays to match the G5

Oh I agree, but my wife loves the simplicity of the damn thing. She says my MX700 has too many buttons.

Originally posted by gigapower@Feb 14 2004, 01:11 PM

Ed, fucking huge. At first I was experiencing some issues, but once I installed 10.3.2 update everything smoothed out.

whats wrong with my 19" Sony Trinitron FD?

Hmm, issues...well as long as they're gone.

Don't you LOVE how quiet it is?

Originally posted by FreakTornado+Feb 14 2004, 03:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FreakTornado @ Feb 14 2004, 03:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gigapower@Feb 14 2004, 01:11 PM

Ed, fucking huge. At first I was experiencing some issues, but once I installed 10.3.2 update everything smoothed out.

whats wrong with my 19" Sony Trinitron FD?

Hmm, issues...well as long as they're gone.

Don't you LOVE how quiet it is? [/b]

Compared to my DP867 G4 its silent! In a completely silent room I can only hear a slight hum, my laptop is louder then the G5!

Oh I agree, but my wife loves the simplicity of the damn thing. She says my MX700 has too many buttons.

I have an idea that she might change her mind if you show her the following:

- Open a normal amount of windows in Logic, which hovers around 5 but can go up from there.

- Get USB overdrive and configure the mouse wheel and top button to activate Expos?.

- Watch as Expos? immediately shows you all of your open windows simultaneously.

It's a thing of beauty, and immediately intuitive.

Originally posted by FreakTornado@Feb 14 2004, 03:44 PM

OK, instead of talking about it, show her this movie (1.5MB, MPG4, QuickTime, 15fps)

I did just what I described with Logic and Expos?, the utility of this cannot be overstated. All done with just the mouse. 8)

I love Expose.

At work I had a 'Mac' person help me with some Quark work I was doing. He sat down in front of my computer, held my mouse, and freaked out, "Is this, a PC?!?" He was helping me figure out a story flow in Quark, while I helped him figure out when to RIGHT or LEFT click. He told me he needed to wash his hands after, gasp, touching a PC.

Well the desk hunt sucked, so we wound up taking my old L shaped desk apart upstairs and bringing it downstairs. It doesn't fit all that well under the stairs but it'll do for now. The only desk both my wife and I liked was about $300, so we decided to wait on that. I'll take some pics of the new set up tonight when i get home.

BTW - Can I just mention how fast this thing is! :shock: