LCVG

Nascar 3D coming to Imax

Robot Monkey

Nascar 3D is coming to Imax this March 12. I'm looking forward to it; I never got to see SuperSpeedway in an Imax theater (although I have it on DVD), so I'm not going to miss this one.

The only question mark is the 3D. I saw two 3D Imax movies, the T-Rex one and the cartoon one. The cartoon one was fantastic, but the live action dinosaurs were blurry. Plus, there was some kind of nutty story. They should've just had dinosaurs running around eating each other and people.

-j

I guess you could argue that it is MOST popular in the South, but heck-fire, they added a race in Las Vegas years ago, AND one of the most populare races in the season is held in Dover, Delaware.

There's also a race in New Hampshire, and a road course where they (Gasp!) make right turns in Watkins Glen, NY.

Carlos.

They can make right turns all they want in upstate new york but Nascar is not a popular sport here. Guess its because we have tons of teams from everything else. Plus horse racing is pretty big around here as we have Belmont (5 minutes from here) and a few others. However id still like to see Nascar 3D ;-)

capt

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not really a Nascar either, but I'd like to see this movie. Considering the many similar responses here, I'd consider this a successful marketing ploy. They are certainly reaching non-fans with this Imax movie.

And Wha-hoo, this film IS available at my local Imax. 8)

Originally posted by Ryan FB@Mar 16 2004, 06:13 PM

Interesting, I saw an ad on TV the other day for The Borg Invasion 4-D coming in March to the Las Vegas Hilton, during a TNG episode. Hey, it outdoes this Nascar 3D movie by a whole dimension, so it can't be that bad, right? ;)

If it's as good as the "Star Trek Experience" it's replacing, it'll kick ass. :tu:

In what parts of the country is Nascar popular? I heard that it was one of the most watched sports. Is that true? I'm from MA, so my only exposure to Nascar was watching 'Days of Thunder' and 'Simpons' episodes with that redneck family.

Well, New England does have Nascar fans. My IMAX here in Providence was the top grossing theatre for this flick. I would love to see this.

Ever see an IMAX projector up close? They are freakin' HUGE :shock: