LCVG

Onimusha 3 Discussion

Romier S

American:

241986.jpg

Japanese:

onimusha3.jpg

Onimusha is really a lower key series in the Capcom lineup. I know its has its fans (me being one of them) but it never seems to get as much attention as other Capcom releases. I really enjoyed the second, even with the strange gift giving mechanic seemingly lobbed in there and I'm really looking forward to part 3 and the return of Samanoske (with Jean Reno to boot!).

I prefer the US version by the way.

• 2 months later...

LOL actually i plan to pick this up also once i finish the stack of stuff i had. The first Onimusha came out the day i bought my first Ps2 and as you know i rarely finish games, but I did finish the first Onimusha. Enjoyed it a lot, and looking forward to this one

capt

Can't agree Tiac but I have an affinity for the Onimusha games so consider me biased in that regard. I want to throw some impressions up for Oni 3 but first I'm uploading the opening intro for you guys. Its only the first part of it, with the second half containing story spoilers which I'll leave out. The video will be up in about 10 minutes...

Here you go guys. The opening movie for Onimusha 3. Feast your eyes on this:

Onimusha 3 Opening CG

to me it seemed like the makers said "we have 2 hot actors, lets make a game with them" . I haven't gotten far into the game, but seriously what the hell does Jean Reno have to do with ancient Japan? It makes no sense to mix the 2.

:shock: Holy crap! That may be the incentive I need to battle past these ridiculously difficult bosses and finish Onimusha 2.

Where did Samanosuke learn all that ninja stuff? :tu: I don't remember him running along walls in the first one.

Jean Reno has nothing to do with ancient Japan, initially. It's a time-travelling ninja game.

That little intro is far more interesting than the entire Final Fantasy film. I wonder why game companies don't offer DVD movies of cut-scenes and "perfect" gameplay, sort of a definitive walk-through.

Holy crap! That was awesome. Does anyone know how much the plot of the 3rd game has to do with the first two?? I haven't played either, but this one is looking really good. I might pick this game up (as if I had any time to play it :roll: )

I've got another week coming up where the wife and kids will be off visiting relatives that might give me enough time to catch up. Yeah right. I'd probably need two weeks off from work as well to finish all the games on my list.

J.