LCVG

Angel Cancelled

The Daisy

WB's Press Release regarding Angel

My wife and I got hooked on Buffy roughly around the time the first video game came out, and since then I've gone out and purchased every DVD set and subsequently got hooked on the Angel series as it's own unique spin off.

It seems like that each time there is a show that actually has an interesting story line, the network that it's running on (WB in this case, Fox in the case of Firefly) cancel it to bring in some other "new" reality show or some teenage kid crap like "the OC or Everwood, or what have you."

Hopefully, this story arc will end well, and they can go out in a way that suits the series. It's not like Spike and Angel can just ride off into the sunset... they can't go out in the daylight. :)

The press release does talk about Movie's to be run on the WB in the future, but I don't think that will happen. Something just tells me that the show will end this year now, hopefully with a nice Buffy tie in to complete it.

Glen

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Feb 16 2004, 03:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Feb 16 2004, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AnthonyVolpe@Feb 16 2004, 04:32 PM

The same guy responsible for Angel is also the guy who made Firefly (Joss Whedon).

Poor guy has no luck...

Yeah, that whole Buffy thing didn't pan out. ;)

-j [/b]

My wife is heartbroken over the cancellation.

Didn't I hear he was going to try FireFly as a movie now?

Carlos.

I am still upset about the cancellation. Angel surpassed Buffy in terms of quality in Season 2. I just got done watching Season 3 and its some of the best TV out there. I've watched most of Season 5 on television and unlike alot of the folks who feel the need to shit on Spike because he's Spike I actually have enjoyed everything so far (minus some small issues which leads me too.....).

I'll be honest however and say that the show has missed its heart and soul with Cordelia gone and with the current news of events happening to Cordelia well I'm looking forward to the show going out when with a bang. I still can't picture Angel without Charisma.

Oh and this may be horribly male of me but:

Charisma Carpenter in Playboy?

Yes, according to http://www.charismacarpenter.com/index2.shtml

02-12-04 It is no longer a rumor. The ink on the contract is dry, and the photos are in the can. Charisma will be appearing in Playboy and her issue will likely be out this summer. From what we've learned, she handpicked the photographer herself, and is absolutely pleased with the photos so far. More info as we get it...

This ones for you Joel ;) .

Carlos,

There is still talk of a Firefly movie, but from what I read today, they scrapped the script because... wait for it.... there is talk of the movie leading back into a TV series.

Go figure.

BTW, I knew that Firefly and Buffy and Angel were all done by Joss Whedon, just forgot to mention it. Ooops.

Glen

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Feb 16 2004, 04:25 PM

02-12-04 It is no longer a rumor. The ink on the contract is dry, and the photos are in the can. Charisma will be appearing in Playboy and her issue will likely be out this summer. From what we've learned, she handpicked the photographer herself, and is absolutely pleased with the photos so far. More info as we get it...

:lmfao:

Charisma's nice, but if they ever get Aly, I am *so* there...

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Feb 16 2004, 04:25 PM

***clutches chest and falls out of chair***

At the very least, the WB is letting Joss and company finish out this season. It would be such a *ahem* pisser to follow this show for five years only to have the plug pulled before they had a chance to finish out the series.

And to think that next fall, we won't have any window into the Buffyverse anymore. Perhaps it's high time for Whedon to get that Buffy movie going, or start work on that Ripper spin-off I've heard rumors about since last year.

To be totally honest, I've been fairly disappointed with this season of Angel, to the point where I'm really not the least bit sad to see it go. The two biggest reasons I tune in now are (1) a probably misguided hope that it may improve (just when I'd about written the show off, "Legacy" aired, which turned out to be one of my favorite episodes of the entire run of the series) and (2) my huge crush on Amy Acker.

I'm in the minority and am glad to see Cordelia gone. She started to grate on my nerves near the end of season three, and I thought she was one of the weakest aspects of season four. (Cue Adam's 8,456th reference to the "I oughtta punch you in the face!" line) I do think she did a commendable job during her recent appearance on the show, though.

She started to grate on my nerves near the end of season three

Of course I respect your opinion but I can't say I agree there Adam. I've not been privy to Season 4 as of yet (but know a great deal of the goings on) but Cordelia remained one of if not my favorite character on the show in Season 3 all the way up to the end. (right ahead of Fred who is an absolute cutey as you noted Adam and Holtz who was a fantastic villain.) Mind you its not just for the eye candy but I loved her relationship with Gru (man I felt sorry for the guy) and she has always been the heart and soul of the group. She's also the character that IMHO has experienced the most growth from her early days on Buffy up to Season 3 on Angel. That just my opinion on the subject so feel free to ignore me at your liesure :green: .

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Feb 17 2004, 04:29 PM

I've not been privy to Season 4 as of yet (but know a great deal of the goings on) but Cordelia remained one of if not my favorite character on the show in Season 3 all the way up to the end.

Admittedly, I think my memories of season three might be colored by the turns her character (and Carpenter's acting) took the following year. :)

I just read some interesting comments from Joss Whedon on ign.filmforece, but I think this last line says it all:

Remember the words of the poet:

"Two roads diverged in a wood,

and I took the road less traveled by

and they CANCELLED MY FRIKKIN' SHOW.

I totally shoulda took the road

that had all those people on it.

Damn."