LCVG

Anarchy Online free for one year!

Romier S

Well my short lived excursion back into Star Wars Galaxies proved fruitless (the games still bores me to death) has left an opening in the "Sci-fi" MMO space I usually like to keep filled. I'm still active in DAOC (though I can never seem to catch up to anyone here) and am now reupping my Anarchy Online account to give the game a whirl again. Any other folks on the forum play AO or interested in playing? There is a 7-day free trial available for Shadowlands on Funcoms site here:

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content/downloads/tryout/

Let me know if you want to hook up.

With my latest foray back in to the world of MMO gaming with DAOC, I have actually been thinking about giving that free trial a whirl. I played for about 8 months last year and only left because I got hooked on DAOC.

If I get it up and running, I'll let you know. Heck, I may even do it tonight.

• 9 months later...
is where most of the content and fun is.

The original game has plenty of content. Having played the original game in excess of a year (and still have a level 75 fixer) I can tell you that the first expansion was useless (notum wars just added structures you could fight for in PVP was barely substantial). The second expansion Shadowlands was the absolute best one they have released and is quite substantial and the most recent one Alien Invasion is meant as high level content for guilds (ie bases, invasion of bases etc.) Stuff a newbie will not see for a long while. Again, the original Anarchy Online is one hell of a feature rich game and anyone that tells you otherwise hasn't spent a substantial amount of time with it.