LCVG

Dynasty Warriors Series

Guest Jay

Does anyone play this series? I dont think people give D.W. as much interest as they should! O.K. so the game is some what the same in every other game and basically doin the same thing with each character.... But the game is great! I mean it's not too many games in which you are at war with about as many people as your screen can hold! At first I didn't get it but I consider it one of my favorite games.... It's far from the top 5 but it's up there! ;) I mean you should check this game out.... D.W. 2 was good... all the way up to D.W. 4 Xtreme! D.W. 4 is by the far the best in the series, that includes D.W. 4 Xtreme! D.W. 4 Xtreme is hard as hell though! Give this game a try SPECIALLY D.W. 4 Xtreme! The best character for starters is Zhao Yun & Zhou Yu (which are part of my elite team along with Lu Bu).

I've been a big fan of the Dynasty Warriors series but DW4 was a huge letdown for me. It seemed like every step forward from DW3 was accompanied by 2 steps back. The environments in DW4 are a lot smaller in scope and the battles contain far fewer generals and enemies when compared to DW3. Also, some of the generals are randomized, taking away the historical accuracy found in past games(key generals will be missing from battles whereas generals that never set foot near those battles take their place). DW4 has a few minor improvements, but the production values and graphics are still poor, making me wonder what necessitated the downgrade in scale from DW3.

I still have a lot of hope for the series though. The next game will supposedly have a strategic map similar to Romance of the Three Kingdoms and I think it will give DW the much needed improvement that has been absent in the past 3 games(DW3:XL, DW4, DW4:XL). Romance 9 comes out next week if it doesn't get pushed back, so that's what my immediate attention is on. It seems like Romance 8 just came out a few months ago!

Well I can't complaint on your opinion about the a mapping with D.W. 4... As a matter of act it's more like a FACT. But in my opinion the game plays a lot smoother than the other titles... The characters seem a little more detailed as well. I liked the "Character Create" option, it added a little more to it! But the samuria in the game is kind of fun to use! The funny thing is that I just came back from Barnes & Nobles and I found a book about the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, it was pretty interesting though the book was pretty damn thick! as for the games... So far I can't argue much on either one of them! Everything from D.W. to Kessen up to the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms are all good! But thats my opinion! Imagine the game LIVE!!!! :green: Damn... What a thrill!!!

This is an awesome series. I love each and every installment of it. I am wondering how the new one will be with the Japanese characters, but if it gets the same treatment as the Three Kingdoms saga has, I have no doubts it will be great.

I have played each one over and over, and Cal's mom thinks it's funny that while other people argue over money or other things, Cal and I have very heated arguements over who gets to build up what character and take them through the Story mode. The only problem I have ever had with the games on the whole is the PS2's ability ( or lack of ability ) to keep up with so many graphics on the screen. Nothing like being in a battle between you and about 50 enemies and you can't see who you are supposed to be fighting.

Any time anyone has ever asked my advice on games to purchase for their kids the DW series has always been the first on my lips. I can not tell how many countless hours we have played this series. Some major marathon sessions on the weekends have gone on, I can tell you that. :green:

:twisted: Me nad my cousin use to go at it a lot! But when it comes to having 50 people on the screen at same time and not know who i'm hitting and who's hitting me.... Well all I can say is I can take them all on but once I see 2 large pony tails and all of my people dying, thats when I run... Because that's a sign that Lu Bu is there!!! :green: Truthfully I thought that I was the only person that has played this game and thinks its great! I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one... To bad it's not LIVE, we would of had a lot of fun! Now tell me, Who are your TOP 5 characters in the game? Now me and my cousin always argued because he said that D.W. 3 looks a lot sharper and way better graphics then D.W. 2... I don't think so.. To me D.W. 2 has way better graphics, it might be because of all the things that they added new to the game (D.W. 3). What are your opinions on that? How many 4th & 5th weapons do you own? Koei keep up the good work? ;)

Well i was doing my research again on "THE ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS" and I found a place where you can download the whole book online... It's the official story, so for those of you interested you can find it at:

http://threekingdoms.com/download.htm

Now this isn't no slim book! I've seen it in person! It's twice as thick as a bible it's long! I'ma start to read it when I finish the book I'm reading now! Enjoy ;)