LCVG

Is anyone an excel guru?

Thrillho

I have used excel extensively and am pretty good with it, but I can't figure if something is possible within it. I've looked up M-soft help and haven't been able to find an answer.

Here's somethings i need to do.

1. I have one date in column A (say 1/1/2004) and a second date in column B (say 12/31/2006.

2. Now in row 1 I have a date in each column (example 4/30/2004)

3. In the corresponding cells under row 1 mentioned in #2, I need to have a formula that calculates a value but only if the date in row 2 falls between the two dates in column A and Column B.

I know how to do this if the date is less than the higher date 12/31/2006, or higher thant the lessor date 1/1/2004. but I can't get it to do if its greater than A but less then B.

Does anyone know if this is possilbe.

You ought to be able to use nested IF statements. If you're not familiar with the IF function in Excel, the structure is like this:

=IF(<conditional test>,<value if false>,<value if true>)

By substituting in another IF statement in the <value if true> or <value if false> section, you should be able to pull off what you need to do (if I've understood what you are trying to do correctly).

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Kain rising@Feb 19 2004, 04:04 PM

You ought to be able to use nested IF statements. If you're not familiar with the IF function in Excel, the structure is like this:

=IF(<conditional test>,<value if false>,<value if true>)

By substituting in another IF statement in the <value if true> or <value if false> section, you should be able to pull off what you need to do (if I've understood what you are trying to do correctly).

Hope that helps.

Thanks it worked, I actually tried doing this but I kept nesting the second IF function into the the wrong box, so it kept giving me an error. Thanks and I have another question but I'll ask that in a bit. I'm a little embarrassed :oops: asking that, I tried nesting that numerous times. I guess i never tried the right box.