LCVG
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bryan

Online enabled baseball games

Funny, eh Bruce? Well I suspect I'll have to place my 3rd base coach on the DL too, after our game this evening. Which sore luck pitcher are you planning on throwing to the wolves tonight? :twisted:

Originally posted by Bryan@Apr 12 2004, 12:31 PM

I haven't tried the double switch yet, but will give it a shot. I've been kicking Allen's ass the last few days and haven't needed to make too many changes. My third base coach had to go on the DL because he strained his shoulder waving runners in. :P

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I won our last game 18-4, and yet I have to keep asking Bryan which buttons to press.

Guest Bryan

I have to admit that it was my Roy Halliday who gave up 11 runs in 3 1/3 innings to Allen's normally anemic offense (that's what she said).

:oops:

He kicked my ass last night Action-Replay style.

Originally posted by JTello@Apr 12 2004, 01:32 PM

Funny, eh Bruce? Well I suspect I'll have to place my 3rd base coach on the DL too, after our game this evening. Which sore luck pitcher are you planning on throwing to the wolves tonight? :twisted:

I havent thought about which pitcher to use, I'm having a tough time though picking out which blindfold to use to level the playing field. I will still beat you like a rented mule! :D

Played 2 games vs. Joel last night. I wont say who won but when Jorge Posada came up Joel said "Hey, hasn't he already been up this inning, thats not fair". My third base coach looked like a windmill. :green:

Guest Bryan

We need to set up a small series - maybe best of three games. Home Field advantage could be decided by a coin toss before the game is launched. How about two button hitting and pitching effort meter enabled?

How great would this be if it were linked to XSN so we could see the boxscores??

Played 2 games vs. Joel last night. I wont say who won but when Jorge Posada came up Joel said "Hey, hasn't he already been up this inning, thats not fair". My third base coach looked like a windmill.

:lmfao: So True, unfortunately, so true! :lmfao:

We need to set up a small series - maybe best of three games. Home Field advantage could be decided by a coin toss before the game is launched. How about two button hitting and pitching effort meter enabled?

How great would this be if it were linked to XSN so we could see the boxscores??

Sounds like a good idea Bryan, I'm in. And now that Bruce taught me how it hit the ball, I should at least put up a fight! :green:

EDIT: Also, we must include gentlemen rules regarding the strike zone!

Originally posted by Bryan@Apr 13 2004, 07:10 AM

Absolutely lets do it!

As long as we can play at a reasonable hour. Old men need their rest ya know!

Do you think that Sega just didnt test their live interface, or said screw it, we'll fix it later, get it to market!

I'll be in for the tourney. Can I make a suggestion of playing with true-aim batting? I've played a few games on single player and really like it. Not only do you have to get your timing down, but the location too. And if the pitch is outside, but you aim inside, it's just an UGLY, laughable swing. Plus with true-aim, it might actually lower the scores a bit.

Count me in too. With my skills, you guys should consider hooking your 3rd base coach up to a generator for a limitless energy source.

Joel, what do you mean by Gentleman's rules regarding the strikezone? Obviously I'm not much of a gentleman, since I have to ask. :oops:

Carlos.

Guest Bryan

I believe he is referring to keeping pitches around the plate and not trying to make your opponent swing at unhittable pitches.

Originally posted by Carlucci@Apr 13 2004, 01:43 PM

Count me in too. With my skills, you guys should consider hooking your 3rd base coach up to a generator for a limitless energy source.

Joel, what do you mean by Gentleman's rules regarding the strikezone? Obviously I'm not much of a gentleman, since I have to ask. :oops:

Carlos.

I swung at a damn pitch that went behind me last night because Joel was trying to bean me.

The ball gets to you very quick, so if every ball is out of the strike zone you will probably swing at it which makes for a very boring game.

I donno.... I've drawn walks on numerous occasions. I do agree that you should at least keep it somewhat hittable, but something slightly off the plate to set up another pitch or as a part of an overall sequence is totally kosher, yes?

Guest Bryan

I think so, Josh. If major league pitchers had to throw strikes on every pitch they would have whiplash from watching balls sail over the fence. IMO, what's not cool is striking out the side on nine pitches that don't come anywhere near the hitting zone.

-Well, the explaination of gentlemen's rules regarding the stike zone have been explained sufficiently, so I won't try to elaborate. You guys have got it right! :tu:

-Well Bryan, it looks like you've got interest in the tourney,... so when do we start? :D

Guest Bryan

I was thinking of waiting until the Splinter Cell Tourney is over, but I'll work up a bracket and we can talk about it.