LCVG

A little offseason football chatter

Thrillho

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Thrillho@Feb 26 2004, 02:41 PM

Esp my beloved Eagles, even if they weren't going to go after T.O. the price for every other free agent receiver just ski-rocketed!!!!!

Bah, we don't need T.O. -- we didn't get all of our Superbowl rings by hiring decent receivers who can get open for Donovan. Oh, wait...

-j (;))

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Feb 26 2004, 03:51 PM

Bah, we don't need T.O. -- we didn't get all of our Superbowl rings by hiring decent receivers who can get open for Donovan. Oh, wait...

-j (;))

But I'm willing to stick with Pinkston and Thrash. :bang: ..just about as much as i'm willing to have hot coals shoved up my butt for a week.

But can you imagine the reaming his agent his taking today, I bet right now he's feeling like Marsellus Wallace in the Gimp scene in Pulp Fiction.

I see a lawsuit in the agents future. God I wish his agent were Scott Boras (a baseball agent), that guy needs to be taken to the cleaners. :twisted:

I won't cry for TO, I'm sure he'll be doing plenty of his own.

And you Eagles fans would be lucky to miss out on this guy. Who needs his hype and gripe!

Yours Truly,

Joel (T.O. Fan Club President)

Wow, that's hard to believe. What a lucky break for the 49ers...

The only luck they get is they MIGHT get somethign for him. That remains to be seen as they surely can't afford to keep him at his current price(6 mill a year). My bet is he gets released then the other teams fight it out for his contract.

Baltimore is probably the most likely place.

I would make some Eagle hating comments but its too early in the season :)

Hmmm, maybe TO could sue his agent for this blounder? Is it possible for TO to convince the NFL his agent's incompetance should not penalize him?

But I'm willing to stick with Pinkston and Thrash ..just about as much as i'm willing to have hot coals shoved up my butt for a week.

If the Birds don't upgrade their receivers this year, we could be looking at 4 time Eastern Conference losers :cry:

If the Birds don't upgrade their receivers this year, we could be looking at 4 time Eastern Conference losers

Unless the Cowboys, Redskins or Giants jump past them too. All 3 of them have upgraded their coach and the Redskins are going balls out in the off season to upgrade their team.

Originally posted by exile@Feb 27 2004, 08:57 AM

Unless the Cowboys, Redskins or Giants jump past them too. All 3 of them have upgraded their coach and the Redskins are going balls out in the off season to upgrade their team.

Yeah should be an interesting offseason in the NFC east, It could return to the division of power in the NFL, And trust me I'm worried about the Cowboys and Skins..., I think the Giants are in worse shape than any of them so I think it will take them the longest to come back. But cowboys still need a QB and Skins still need O line and Defense, so I still think the Eagles have at least one more year with a good shot, But then again those two coaches on the boys and skins can make up alot of shortcommings...and frankly Portis scares me big time.

I told all my buds that Carolina was the team to watch this year, all they needed to do was be consistent thru late season and they delivered.

Official prediction:

The Cowboys are the team to watch next year. If Bill Parcels can shore up gaps in the off-season and light the fuse on that powder keg, they'll be going to the show next year.

Originally posted by exile@Feb 27 2004, 01:27 PM

Parcells has won with lesser quarterbacks like Phil Simms and Jeff Hostettler right?

This is going to make me sick , defending a GIANT, but Simms was a damn good QB, to say carter is better than him makes me wonder if you ever watched the both of them play. I'll agree Hostetler is crap, but if you remember the scenario of the season they won with him, Simms was the QB for most of the year, and was hurt towards the end of the season. So the giants had a good record and playoff position by the time Hos got to play. Then Parcells ran his way through the playoffs. Hardly used Hostetler at all and relied heavily on his D, which was great, can you say LT. And when they got to the NFC championship game Montana got knocked the hell out of the game and fumbled the ball on a 49ers drive late in the game. Flashforward to the cowboys, Parcels needs a quality RB to overcome QC's deficiencies along with a good offensive line, he has none of that yet, just the damn good defense. So right now (reminded this is right before free agency starts) they still have to rely on Carter doing something for them. And if you watched any cowboy game in the second half of the season you saw when teams made Carter make a play, he was totally incapable of doing it. Just go look at the second Eagles game, and the NFC wildcard game against the panthers. He couldn't do it.

but Simms was a damn good QB, to say carter is better than him makes me wonder if you ever watched the both of them play. I'll agree Hostetler is crap, but if you remember the scenario of the season they won with him, Simms was the QB for most of the year, and was hurt towards the end of the season

I watched them all and yes I would agree Carter is worse than Simms but he isn't a great QB.

Flashforward to the cowboys, Parcels needs a quality RB to overcome QC's deficiencies along with a good offensive line, he has none of that yet, just the damn good defense.

Yes and we'd both be fools to believe he is not going to fix that. I think their line is fine(except right tackle) but they need a RB like no other.

Carter is probably coming back for another year but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go for Garcia or the Tennesee Titans backup Qb or Griese even or someone else for that matter. I dont' see them drafting someone.

Originally posted by exile@Feb 27 2004, 02:31 PM

but Simms was a damn good QB, to say carter is better than him makes me wonder if you ever watched the both of them play. I'll agree Hostetler is crap, but if you remember the scenario of the season they won with him, Simms was the QB for most of the year, and was hurt towards the end of the season

I watched them all and yes I would agree Carter is worse than Simms but he isn't a great QB.

Look at my post again, I never said Simms was great, In my lifetime there have only been three great QB's Montana, Elway and Marino. Favre is close, so I don't use the term great loosley. And like I said this is all being said before free agency, the cowboys could get Duce Staley, and trust me on this cowboy fans will love him. But if like you said they come back with Carter for one more year they are still S.O.L.

If they got Garcia I'd be a little more worried, but Griese stinks too. Man isn't football the best.

The Cowboys are the team to watch next year. If Bill Parcels can shore up gaps in the off-season and light the fuse on that powder keg, they'll be going to the show next year.

Let's see what they do with a playoff team schedule before we give them anything. Playing a last place schedule one year will help you out quite a bit.

My guess is that the Cowboys will be a 8-8 or 9-7 team. They just don't have enough there yet.

Glen

ook at my post again, I never said Simms was great, In my lifetime there have only been three great QB's Montana, Elway and Marino. Favre is close,

I think AIkman deserves to be on that list. All 3 of the people above are great and have a great starting cast(maybe not Marino) but Aikman has 3 rings. That can't be ignored. I'm sorta glad I didn't skim the post too because I would have missed the "in my lifetime part". Then I'd have to include Bradshaw a few others. Steve Young almost deserves to be on that list too. The game where he ran a 50 yard touchdown by himself against the Vikings in the Playoffs(IIRC) really stood out for me. He has a few rings himself as well.

And like I said this is all being said before free agency, the cowboys could get Duce Staley, and trust me on this cowboy fans will love him

I would prefer that and then land a decent back in the 2nd or 3rd round to train him persay to take over. I think they'll use their first pick(late 20's ) to take a D lineman or trade down to acquire more picks. They also need another CB to go on the opposite end of Newman. Mario Edwards needs to take a hike.

And then I'm not really sure how to take this Keyshawn deal if he goes there.

yes very good news about kearse.

i'm a bit dissapointed that springs went to the redskins, I thought the eagles would take a good long look at him. I guess he took too many risks in the secondary for reid's liking.

I'm excited for Washington and Owens to land in Philadelphia. 8)