LCVG

Champions of Norrath...

Whooter

Haven't seen any activity on this in awhile, and to be honest I haven't had a burning need to play it recently, myself.

Is this game played out, now that we've all seen the end? I ask because this is a heavy new game month, and if CoN is going to the backbuner for an extended period, I'd just as soon trade it in and get max value for it...

So I'm still trudging through this for the first time. I got to the city in the clouds finally yesterday, and find it incredibly difficult (I'm playing alone). I get surrounded and there are fireballs and things flying at me from off camera all over the place, and I'm dead pretty quickly. Everything else so far has been cake. Any suggestions?

stencil,

I would recommend trying to draw guys at you one at a time. I was lucky enough to have my shadow knight keep casting skeletons and then attack guys from range. I do remember the area being pretty challenging though in single player.

I'd be up for a round of this later tonight, say 10 PM central.

Let me know if anyone would be interested.

Glen

If I'm still aware at 10 pm, I'd be up for playing, drop me an IM.

As far as the City in the Clouds goes, ranged weapons are your friend. Stay back and pick them off, only engage in melee combat when absolutely necessary. That should give you time to avoid the magic missles coming your way as well.

So I finally opened this up last night. And I've played it quite a bit. I really like it overall but I have a few questions. Can you use your single player characters online? Do you ever go to another city? So far I've defeated the first part of orcs and I'm heading toward the opening for the orc gate.

Originally posted by gwhinwi@Mar 10 2004, 03:05 PM

I wouldn't mind going back to the earlier levels to just hack through a ton of stuff.

Same here, although it is nice getting the better items and more xp playing through on Medium. If i'm home tomorrow night, I'd be down with whatever.