LCVG

GBA and Gamecube stuff at dollar store

My local "Dollar Tree" dollar store has a bin full of Gamester brand GBA and Gamecube accessories. Here's what they had:

+ GBA link cable

+ GBA "trap light" in glacier and blue

+ GBA power pack (NiMH replacement btty's & AC adapter)

+ GC A/V cables, including S-Video

+ GC controller extensions

Obviously, everything is one buck apiece.

-j

I don't know why I didn't think of this when I was there, but those AV cables would be very handy for people who take their GameCubes to friends -- you wouldn't need to unhook stuff from your receiver or TV.

I'll try to get back there and pick up a few.

And those GBA link cables are perfect for Bomberman. You need a total of three link cables to hook up four GBA's. Bomberman, BTW, only requires one cart for four players.

-j

"For you? ONE DOLLAR!" I hate that commercial.

Okay, the trap light is junk. It's as ineffectual as my Pelican LightShield, but bulkier.

The NiMH battery replacement is nice, though. It doesn't stick out of the GBA like my old NiMH replacement.

Man, I want an SP! Or Afterburner. But a platinum SP, paired with a platinum Cube ... <sigh>

-j

Given that Target is selling SP's for $88, I would go with an SP over an afterburner. The clamshell design of the SP is really nice.

In all honesty, I didn't think I wanted an SP all that much. I was pretty happy with my regular GBA and worm light. Then I saw EB was running a deal on old GBA trade ins and I figured what the heck. All I can say is WOW. I am so glad I got an SP because it really is so much nicer. I have the GB player on my GC and I rarely ever use it now because I love my SP so much. If you can afford it, definitely get one.

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Mar 1 2004, 01:25 PM

Man, I want an SP! Or Afterburner.

You'd be hard pressed to find the Afterburner unless you hurried. You may have heard that Triton Labs is no longer producing or selling the Afterburner or any other products. The only stock would be found at resellers or installers.