LCVG

Red vs. Blue showing in Wal-Mart

I thought I heard familiar voices when I walked past the videogames in Wal-mart. Sure enough, they were showing a Red vs. Blue episode on the Xbox demo machine!

I didn't stick around too long, but there wasn't any potty language. I wonder if they're getting more exposure through that?

-j

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Mar 1 2004, 01:03 PM

I thought I heard familiar voices when I walked past the videogames in Wal-mart. Sure enough, they were showing a Red vs. Blue episode on the Xbox demo machine!

I didn't stick around too long, but there wasn't any potty language. I wonder if they're getting more exposure through that?

-j

I've seen RvB showing on Xboxes in a couple of stores now. I don't know if what I saw was actually from an episode (I've only seen a few early ones :oops: ), but at one point they were talking about playing Crimson Skies, one was complaining he didn't like to fly, etc. It was pretty funny. (So if that's not from an episode, I guess they got the RvB guys to make some commercials for them :D)

RvB is on the current store demo disk talking about MS games, and there's no need to edit for language, as they've limited the cussing in season 2 and their other videos now. They also have specific-made videos on the Barenaked Ladies tour, at a Gamestop manager's conference, and some other ones I can't recall.

Microsoft hired them to do several small segments on their Xbox demo discs (used in store displays). The segments are very clean and only mildly funny.

Good to see the team making some cash but the term "sellout" could be easily used.