LCVG

speed for live??

wrat

It depends on what you're doing, really. I certainly wouldn't want to try it on any server over half full, but I've been uploading my scores for PGR2 while most of my bandwidth was saturated with PC downloads, and yet not had a problem (other than waiting a little bit).

Wrat, why don't you try using one of the trial subscriptions (2 months free) that come with many Live games? Then you'll know for sure.

I can also tell you that with 128 up, you'll probably be in the same boat as me -- not hosting games except for Tetris.

If you don't have a trial card, let me know. I'm sure I have an extra one floating around somewhere.

-j

xboxlive.gif

I drew up a picture of the xbox live usage. I use Verizon DSL and I can host upto 4 people with little lag (lags very rarely) and I have 728 Down/128 Up so you shouldn't have to much of a problem.

The only way Xbox Live would beable to host more people were if Xbox Live had a re-written netcode that could package and unpackage data at quick speeds; or if a lot of the features weren't in real time.

Originally posted by wrat@Mar 2 2004, 11:00 AM

would a 256 down/ 128 up work or is that too slow???

Would that 256/128 you mention happen to be DSL Lite from Bellsouth. If so I would highly recommend upgrading if at all possible to thier standard tier of 1500/256 for only $10 more. The Lite package only gives you 17% of the DL and 50% of the UL for 75-80% of the cost of the main package.

Originally posted by MrJames+Mar 3 2004, 03:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MrJames @ Mar 3 2004, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wrat@Mar 2 2004, 11:00 AM

would a 256 down/ 128 up work or is that too slow???

Would that 256/128 you mention happen to be DSL Lite from Bellsouth. If so I would highly recommend upgrading if at all possible to thier standard tier of 1500/256 for only $10 more. The Lite package only gives you 17% of the DL and 50% of the UL for 75-80% of the cost of the main package. [/b]

yes it would be B.S lite....and I was afraid of that