LCVG

Tron 2.0: Killer App coming to an Xbox near you!

Romier S

Report is over at Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/03/03/ne...ws_6090514.html

Xbox Live subscribers, prepare to be de-rezzed. Today, Buena Vista Interactive revealed it is working on Tron 2.0: Killer App, an Xbox-exclusive port of its PC game, Tron 2.0. That game "re-imagined" the classic world of Tron, game series based on the 1982 film. Both portrayed anthropomorphic computer programs slaying each other in gladiatorial contests which humans saw as mere video games.

For those who prefer battling human opponents instead of semi-sentient programs, Tron 2.0: Killer App will be Xbox Live-enabled. According to the release, players will be able to engage in either light-cycle races or first-person shootouts on Microsoft's online service

The PC game was really a treat to play and any Xbox owner who is a fan of Tron should be drooling with anticipation over this one.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by CaptDS9E@Nov 6 2004, 09:37 AM

TRON 2.0 AQUIRED :tu: gonna play it in a little bit

capt

Enjoy the fantastic single player game. If enough of you pick it up for the multiplayer I'll quickly pick this one up to join you.

Easily one of my favorite titles of the last few years.

Halo 2 doesn't have lightcycles

Oh don't get me wrong. The candle pic was more for giggles than anything else. I'm right with Shawn in saying that Tron 2.0 is a great game. I really enjoyed the single player campaign on the PC and if its translated well to the Xbox you'll be in for a treat.

Love Tron 2.0 for the PC. I'm skipping the Xbox release though. The only reason I'd be buying it is for the multiplayer, and I think with Halo 2, DOA:U, MK:D & Ghost Recon 2, my plate is rather full.

FOr those that haven't tried the PC version, and are thinking of getting the Xbox version, go for it. Tron 2.0 was an excellent game in every respect. Hopefully the port is done well.

I did the training for single player, before doing some online multiplayer. Only a few people were on as the game isnt mass released yet eveywhere. Had fun for about a half hour with 4 people, before i had to leave. Ill give more impressions as i do the single player

capt

• 5 months later...