LCVG

How much money do you spend on gaming each year?

How much money do you spend on gaming each year?  

1. 1. How much money do you spend on gaming each year?

• $150+ (equal to 3 new release games)
    • $350+ (equal to 9)
    • $700+ (equal to 18)
    • $1400+ (equal to 28)
    • $2000+ (equal to 40)

yeah this year is starting out slow, I think I've only bought two new titles since January 1. I even haven't bought Ninja Gaiden yet!!!, but I'm getting married soon, so there's the reason for the slow up. After that, I'll be right back on the bus. and buying a little more freely.

Guest Bryan

Those people who bought Steel Batallion almost made it into the second category for last week alone! Man I am a sucker for new games. I'd be happy if I could guarantee myself that I would only spend $1,000-1,500 this year.

Look at it this way, we could all be coked up and sending $1,000 through our nose per month - no offense is meant if that describes any of you...

Originally posted by Bryan@Mar 4 2004, 08:25 AM

Look at it this way, we could all be coked up and sending $1,000 through our nose per month

:lmfao:

That reminds me of what I used to tell my mom whenever she would complain about me wasting all my allowance on Video games:

"Hey Ma, it's cheaper than Heroin!"

She got the point.

I probably spend around a grand on games a year, including for my kids. More if new hardware comes out.

Carlos.

Originally posted by exile@Mar 4 2004, 02:51 PM

That might go up but definitely not over $200.

I thought the same thing, but then I gave it a little more thought and here's how it worked out for me.

Roughly 1 xbox game per month $50 or $600/year

Minus 1 xbox game per month in trade - $15 or -$180

Then there's a new gba game per month for my son $20/mo or $240/yr

Add in the random pieces of hardware every year at another $50 to $100

And a new $200 console every 4 years, and suddenly I have a very expensive hobby on my hands. :shock:

Grand total about $65/month. :thud:

Over 2000/year easily. I stopped trading games back in a while ago (only do so for the ones I don't like) but hell I buy 4-5 games a week sometimes.'

I guess i don't fit in here

Nonsene exile. If you enjoy gaming than you fit in here. I don't want to hear these words out of anyones mouth on this forum.

I'm ashamed to say, probably $1400+. I'm not really sure. But I ended up buying something like 20 titles in a two month span. It was ridiculous. If I work overtime the money burns holes in my pockets and its out to grab every game that I want... then there's the GBA games to keep my sanity at work, that's another $60 or so a month. And the hot new titles, and the ones I've "waited" for... man this is almost depressing. Then again I often work overtime just so I can buy a new game (as the case with Ninja Gaiden....). I am a sick, sick, person I have now realized. LOL

And many of these games are still in the shrinkwrap!!!! what the?!!!

I was actually digging through my game/dvd pile yesterday and found Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I forgot I bought it. And Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I'm like "Where did this come f..... oohh yeah....."...

sigh.

I was actually digging through my game/dvd pile yesterday and found Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I forgot I bought it. And Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I'm like "Where did this come f..... oohh yeah

..and I thought I was bad. :lmfao: I've never forgotten about a purchase. I focus my attention on certain titles but I always find my way back to the others I let go by the wayside.

I was actually digging through my game/dvd pile yesterday and found Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. I forgot I bought it. And Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I'm like "Where did this come f..... oohh yeah....."...

I may never have heard a funnier thing on this forum. The above sounds like a parody of when someone finds $20 bill in their spring jacket from a year prior. If what you were saying was a joke (a parody) it would be funny. But it isn't a parody. It's true. Maybe its just late, but I can't stop laughing. :lmfao: