LCVG
Romier S

HBO's Deadwood

If you haven’t watched  the show it is a must see. Some of the best television ever and I’m still pissed, even after all this time, that it was cancelled. Fucking stupid. 

Four more episodes to go and I can watch this movie. I cannot wait. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Eldorado said:

If you haven’t watched  the show it is a must see. Some of the best television ever and I’m still pissed, even after all this time, that it was cancelled. Fucking stupid. 

Four more episodes to go and I can watch this movie. I cannot wait. 

I wasn't part of the zeitgeist for this way back when. What was the perception of why it was cancelled?

13 minutes ago, Dimness said:

I wasn't part of the zeitgeist for this way back when. What was the perception of why it was cancelled?

Funny you mention that. I read through this whole thread last night which answered that. It was canceled because dumbfuck cocksuckers, get used to that word, at HBO spent too much money on another show. That show is Rome. I’ve never watched it and I don’t plan on watching it now or ever. Yes. I am bitter. 

I suggest you not read the thread until you are finished. Spoilers abound. 

It’s over and yet I pine for more.

Bittersweet in the end, I would take more the same everyday if God could will it. Fantastic acting and writing of the same impossibly high standards that few shows could ever fathom reaching. I’m sad. I’m happy. 

Fare thee well you magnificent cocksuckers. 

• Like 4

Done with first episode. It's pretty good. Vaguely understand what's going on, but that's me trying to eat dinner and watch at the same time.