LCVG

Spiderman 2 Trailer-MUST SEE

JoeyN

Promising trailer, better than I feared it was going to be. I tried watching the first film again the other day, and it just annoys me the more I see it. Things do seem a little more interesting and polished this time round (and MJ doesn't seem quite as slutty)..... I've always been a fan of Alfred Molina, so he could well end up stealing the show for me.

Daniel

I'm honestly not a huge fan of hers, Brian. With MJ, it's partly Dunst, partly how the character is written, part Rami's fault, so I don't entirely blame her alone, that's a bit unfair. She just lacks sophistication and strength as a character. They turned down Julia Stiles for Mary Jane, which I think was a mistake.

I hope there's a rain scene with Kirsten Dunst again!

Well I was observing some of the action cuts in that last part of the trailer given they go by so fast. 2:09 if she truly does that much for you. One has to wonder if this is going to end up becoming a running gag of the series for all the people who are actually fans of hers (or a part or her :) )

Daniel

Originally posted by Bruce B@Apr 9 2004, 08:28 AM

I hope there's a rain scene with Kirsten Dunst again!

Looks like you get your wish. Check out the brief glimpse of her immediately after the shot of Spiderman getting dragged along the street about 3/4 of the way through the trailer. :green:

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Dan. :)

Originally posted by dogbert@Apr 9 2004, 07:53 AM

Oh I know where you're coming from, Dan, and I didn't think the character was all that well written in the first film, though I did think she got better towards the end of the film. I'm a fan of hers though, have been for a while.

me too brian. I've been a fan of hers since Interview with the Vampire.

Caught this trailer last night and Spidey 2 is looking to be the only movie I'll be seeing in theaters this summer so far (the rather surly looking child in my avatar being the main reason :D ). It looks like they nailed the look of Doc Ock! Also saw the new Van Helsing and that absolutely convinced me to wait for the DVD of that one.

I'm always confused when things of this nature happen: Oftentimes, I cannot view these trailers as I get an Apple error window saying, "Quicktime 5 required." That's nice, but I have 6.5. Is there any way to stop this? It's only when I try to access the trailer through the link that it happens, I can download the entire trailer and watch it fine. Which I did. Looks cool.

Oh, and I think Hugh Jackman seems very badly miscast in Van Helsing. The dialogue, his look, his method all seem much too modern. Shades of Hercules and Xena (i.e., campy but jarring).

Originally posted by Daniel Brecher@Apr 9 2004, 08:51 AM

She just lacks sophistication and strength as a character.

Well, not to get all comics-geeky about it, but for better or worse, that basically is Mary Jane. She was always pretty much a shallow-minded party chick in the comics, which is why it took so many years for the writers to get around to pairing her up with Peter :)