LCVG

N-Gage2 pictures

The Daisy

Originally posted by Pharmboy@Apr 9 2004, 04:36 PM

Well, really, I just look at the thing and think that Nokia took all the complaints about the N-Gage, ignored them completely, then slightly altered the original. Maybe I'm reading not enough into it though.

The two biggest complaints were sidetalkin' and changing the game. Sidetalkin' is now gone, and changing the game is just popping in a new MMC card. What complaints were ignored?

Hopefully this is a new generation, and not just a hardware revision.

Whatever they did to it, it is still crapola. I will save my money for the PSP

Thats fine Scobeto but please keep in mind some folks may be interested in the

N-gage 2 and discussing the possible changes. Its a tad premature to pass final judgement on something thats not even on store shelves yet. Know what I mean? ;)

Originally posted by FutureVoid@Apr 10 2004, 04:38 PM

Whatever they did to it, it is still crapola. I will save my money for the PSP

Thats fine Scobeto but please keep in mind some folks may be interested in the

N-gage 2 and discussing the possible changes. Its a tad premature to pass final judgement on something thats not even on store shelves yet. Know what I mean? ;)

Yes, yes, I know what you mean. But, I can't imagine that Nokia has made any changes to it that would make it viable competition for the GBA or the upcoming PSP, especially considering what a dissapointment the original was/is.

Yes I'm sure that some people bought it, and even enjoy it. But, the gaming community by and large shunned it.

I am truely sorry if I hurt any N-Gage fan's feelings..

:D

I have an N-Gage. I didn't really like the side talking or the switch for MMC cards. The Ngage 2 is suppose to fix that, but I also heard that there will be no MP3. I don't know why that would happen, but if it is true, it could be a stronger processor, but without MP3 support to help lower cost.

Link

Looks like it not only lost the MP3 player but the radio as well.

The MP3 player and radio have been removed from this latest version.

Looks like they improved the screen some though.

N-Gage's vertical screen remains, though this screen can display 65,000 colours - the original N-Gage could only manage 4096. All games will be compatible with both versions of the N-Gage, however.