LCVG

xbox friends list @ bungie.net

ant1

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Apr 14 2004, 06:19 PM

Pretty cool find, Ant, but why are you staying clear of the official Xbox site?

-j

Because every time you go to it it does a retinal scan and records your fingerprints through your keys.

And we STILL can't feed the homeless. (snaps fingers)

:P

I've not got a .Net PAssport, and have no intention of signing up, either. Does this mean you guys can't see me on the list, or does it work for all your friends?

You entire friends list will show up regardless of whether the people on it have .net passports or not. I think what it does is just pick up your list from the Live server. I use the Xbox.com one all the time to see who is on and know for a fact that many friends and family on my list do not use the .net passport thing and I can still see them.

All in all, I think being able to pick up your friend's list from the web either at bungie.net or xbox.com is a pretty cool thing.

Chris

Originally posted by iainl@Apr 15 2004, 07:07 AM

I've not got a .Net PAssport, and have no intention of signing up, either. Does this mean you guys can't see me on the list, or does it work for all your friends?

You may want to set one up in the not to distant future. With the next upgrade to Live, rumored for this summer, there is supposed to be the long talked about ability to send game invites from your Xbox to MSN Messenger, as well as other Live information via MSN Messenger.

Passports aren't evil. Use a dummy email address and give it very little info; no risks involved!

I've got no giant thing against Passport really - the misleading capitalization back there was an accident, honest. Its just that when I first looked at this Live Friends list thing it seemed to want all sorts of info I didn't feel like repeating just to be able to get a Friends list up without hitting the PIP button (my monitor is also my XBox TV).

And I don't use MSN Messenger anyway, so that's a bit pointless too :)