LCVG

The Punisher

Calvin

Leslie & I went to see this today,& we really liked the film.

There are some funny moments,& some of the film was over the top. But,for a popcorn flick,definetly worth seeing. Thomas Jane makes a good Frank Castle, there are no supernatural things to be found here, & I'll be getting this on DVD.

Your thoughts?

I think I'll wait for the DVD. They seemed to borrow a lot from the Ennis reboot (like Joan, Spacker Dave, the Russian and Mr. Bumpo), but I get the impression that I'd be happier rereading the TPB.

Sometimes it's hard for me to watch to watch an adaptation of something I enjoyed in another another medium. Master & Commander was a recent exception, but they are few and far between for me.

-j

Sometimes it's hard for me to watch to watch an adaptation of something I enjoyed in another another medium. Master & Commander was a recent exception, but they are few and far between for me.

The solution to that is simple. Don't read books! :P

Wait, they made a comic adaptation of a film based on a handful (IIRC, 12) of comics?!

The solution to that is simple. Don't read books!

It does work for me when I don't care for the source (I like the Superman and X-Men movies, but don't care for the comics). But as a general proposition? Can't stop reading!

-j

Originally posted by Robot Monkey@Apr 16 2004, 09:01 PM

I think I'll wait for the DVD. They seemed to borrow a lot from the Ennis reboot (like Joan, Spacker Dave, the Russian and Mr. Bumpo), but I get the impression that I'd be happier rereading the TPB.

I think I'm going to wait for a rental, too. The impression that I've gotten from the marketing is that they used a lot of Garth Ennis's stuff (and some Chuck Dixon) but they didn't quite get the humor right, and they missed the point of some of the characters. It really weirds me out that they cast Rebecca Romijn as Joan :)