LCVG

Fans of "24" arise

Bruce B

So I couldnt believe that Jack actually shot Chapelle last week. I kept waiting for last second heroics but it never happened. Do you think it actually happened or do you think it was faked. I gotta say because of the dialogue between the two before Jack shot him that he's a goner. Do you think that the CTU woman(Michelle) thats in the hotel is going to die or somehow is she going to be okay? I heard heard this week that Kim goes undercover at a strip joint. Okay, I didn't hear that, just wishful thinking.

I kept waiting for them to pull a rabbit out of a hat, too, Bruce. After a couple of seasons of really disliking him, I felt pretty bad for him at the end... I'm sure he's dead.

With Michelle, I dunno. My gut says she's going to be okay, since she's still not symptomatic after a couple of hours. They could always be cruel and give her a nosebleed in the closing seconds of the season finale, tho... :twisted:

Kim's going into the field! Run, Kim! Run! :green:

The fact that they (seemingly) didn't plant a bug on Chapelle drives me crazy! You know something will happen to their satellite track and lose that black van! But 24 is really winding it up as it winds down for the season. I was getting really worried, and what is with all the dead end plots? The President's girlfriend. Chloe and the baby. Sherrie and the cops. I just hope Jack really slaps Saunders around before popping a cap in his ass! And you knew Kim wouldn't stay put in CTU for the whole season.

Do you guys think it would be a good thing in the future to break from the format of it being the whole season is just one day? They had talked about it after the first season but decided to revert back to the 24 hour format. Maybe its just me, but I would like to see the other side of some of the characters. I mean Jack cannot be that serious all the time. I would like to see him go up to someone and say "Okay, 2 CTU agents walk into a bar..............".

I guess I would be okay with them breaking from the 1-day format, provided they were still able to keep the same sense of urgency during most of the episodes.

The gimmick of the 24 hour day was what got me watching in the first place, but now I could go with a season that spans a few weeks or months even. That would give Jack a reason to travel internationally (besides Mexico).

What I really wish is that they would prepare the WHOLE SEASON well in advance. The reason you see so many dumb plotlines introduced early in the season is that they are quite literally making it up as they go along. This is why so many subplots are disappeared, and new tangents pop up to take their place. This may be fine for the writers at "One Life to Live, but primetime viewers deserve a little more.

However, I'm willing to forgive the writers because they have, as evidence of their genius, came up with a reason for a wardrobe change for KIM. Can a shower be far behind?

And what I really, really, really wish is that they would stop using the word "PROTOCOL" so many times in every episode. I'm sick of it! Think of another word.

Carlos.

Originally posted by Carlucci@Apr 20 2004, 01:03 PM

I guess I would be okay with them breaking from the 1-day format, provided they were still able to keep the same sense of urgency during most of the episodes.

The gimmick of the 24 hour day was what got me watching in the first place, but now I could go with a season that spans a few weeks or months even. That would give Jack a reason to travel internationally (besides Mexico).

What I really wish is that they would prepare the WHOLE SEASON well in advance. The reason you see so many dumb plotlines introduced early in the season is that they are quite literally making it up as they go along. This is why so many subplots are disappeared, and new tangents pop up to take their place. This may be fine for the writers at "One Life to Live, but primetime viewers deserve a little more.

However, I'm willing to forgive the writers because they have, as evidence of their genius, came up with a reason for a wardrobe change for KIM. Can a shower be far behind?

And what I really, really, really wish is that they would stop using the word "PROTOCOL" so many times in every episode. I'm sick of it! Think of another word.

Carlos.

I'm sorry Carlos, this post just violated internet protocol. :twisted:

Originally posted by Bruce B+Apr 20 2004, 12:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bruce B @ Apr 20 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Do you guys think it would be a good thing in the future to break from the format of it being the whole season is just one day? They had talked about it after the first season but decided to revert back to the 24 hour format. Maybe its just me, but I would like to see the other side of some of the characters. I mean Jack cannot be that serious all the time. I would like to see him go up to someone and say "Okay, 2 CTU agents walk into a bar..............".

[/b]

No, I don't at all. The 24 hour format of the show creates a sense of urgency. I sit on the edge of my seat through nearly every episode, and that would be lost if they split the show up, IMHO.

I have no desire to see Jack or any other character in the show drinking their morning coffee and getting ready for work. That is not what the show is about.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bruce B

By the way, is the man who plays the President in "24" the same voice you hear as Sam Fishers boss on Splinter Cell? I believe it is.

Yessir it is :)

Originally posted by scobeto+Apr 21 2004, 09:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scobeto @ Apr 21 2004, 09:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Bruce B@Apr 20 2004, 12:34 PM

Do you guys think it would be a good thing in the future to break from the format of it being the whole season is just one day? They had talked about it after the first season but decided to revert back to the 24 hour format. Maybe its just me, but I would like to see the other side of some of the characters. I mean Jack cannot be that serious all the time. I would like to see him go up to someone and say "Okay, 2 CTU agents walk into a bar..............".

No, I don't at all. The 24 hour format of the show creates a sense of urgency. I sit on the edge of my seat through nearly every episode, and that would be lost if they split the show up, IMHO.

I have no desire to see Jack or any other character in the show drinking their morning coffee and getting ready for work. That is not what the show is about.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bruce B

By the way, is the man who plays the President in "24" the same voice you hear as Sam Fishers boss on Splinter Cell? I believe it is.

Yessir it is :)[/b]

I also like the format but am concerned that if Jack is going to save the world every year in the current format that the plots will become more and more far fetched.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been a fan of the show since the first episode and love it. This season has been excellent , and i cant wait to see what happens for the next one. Im just waiting for them to kill jack, and if they do its the greatest twist in TV history. :-)

capt

Originally posted by CaptDS9E@May 5 2004, 07:17 AM

Ive been a fan of the show since the first episode and love it. This season has been excellent , and i cant wait to see what happens for the next one. Im just waiting for them to kill jack, and if they do its the greatest twist in TV history. :-)

capt

Whoa, that would definitely make my head spin if that happened. Then Kim could take his place at CTU fighting crime in the Thong Underwear underground.

Jack needs to put a bullet through Tony's treasonous skull. Tony turned out to be the biggest p*ssy I've ever seen since Upham on Saving Private Ryan.

Plus, Tony's actions got me in a world of hurt with my wife when I stated matter-of-factly that I would let her die rather than jeopardize the lives of millions of Americans. :? Now I'm having to go through a checklist with Cindy to determine just how much I love her:

Enter a burning building: check

Walk on my lips through busted glass: check

Kill an innocent to save her: not going to happen, but I said maybe

Get shot myself instead of her: Hell yes

Give up all future playing of Halo 2: Umm, let me get back to you on that one. ;)

Guys, if your wife asks you if you would do what Tony did, just say "Hell yeah, baby, I would do anything to save you!" Thank me later. :D

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we know he's handy with a hacksaw, too, from last season.

It's good to know that all refrigerators are completely airtight. :roll:

And that hand-reattachment surgery can begin just 5 minutes after your hand is severed, without the slightest advance notice. :roll:

I honestly thought that at the end, they were going to have Jack say, "Get someone else to do it", and then inject some fresh heroin into his veins. That would have been a much better ending.

I'd rate this season the lowest of all three. It needed better writing.

Carlos.

I'd rate this season the lowest of all three. It needed better writing.

I thought it was an excellent season but thought the last episode would be better. Would have liked to seen better closure on the Presidents dilemna. Don't like to see Jack cry. :cry:

I thought this season was better than the 2nd but not as good as the first.

It's good to know that all refrigerators are completely airtight.

And that hand-reattachment surgery can begin just 5 minutes after your hand is severed, without the slightest advance notice.

I agree with your comment regarding the writing. But 24 has always had these type of holes in them. At least they weren't with Chase in his room while he was recovering. ;)

Here's an article that ran in yesterday's New York Post regarding who's contract wasn't picked up for next season.

Actually, I think that starting the season in January is a good idea for both 24 and Alias. It gives people time to catch up with the season 3 DVD box sets when they gets released in the fall.

It hasn't affected The Shield much even though it normally starts in January and started in March this year.

****spoilers in this post if you havent seen it yet****

I liked the finale even though they did rush the end , I still thought it was a great overall season. I really hope that next season they have jack on a mission in another state or country as just how many times can one man save LA.

Just think of how many people are dead, going to jail or leaving major parts after this season

Palmer isnt runing again

Palmers brother

His lover and her husband dead

Tony in Jail

Nina Dead

Sherry Dead

Chase is leaving field ops

Michelle is rumored to be leaving

Chapelle dead

Kim is rumored to only show up once or twice next season

Gail dead

Salizars Dead, and ramons girlfriend dead

English bad guy dead (for some reason cant remember the name at the moment)

Red Shirt Bad Guy henchmen- Dozens dead

I have to be forgetting someone :-)

• 5 months later...

I haven't read a single post in this thread, nor do I plan to. :)

I just wanted to say that I have never watched 24 until I started on my 24 Season 1 DVD set the other day, and I am totally hooked. I'm usually not like this about TV shows, but once I finish an episode, I itch to start another one. I dont know if I could stand watching this show during a season! Too much time to wait!!

I'm on Episode 5 right now, looking forward to the next 19, and other seasons that are already out as well. :D

• 1 month later...

I just finished Season 1 of 24.

My God, what a great fucking show! Loved it, loved it, loved it.

I didnt think I would like it this much. I do have one question though, without any spoilers at all (im not reading any previous posts in this thread), are the other 2 season as good as this one was?